We read the article entitled “Long-term outcomes of toe replantation: A review of ten cases” by Cui et al. (J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2022;75(11):4042–4047), with profound interest and admiration.
1The authors’ compilation of 10 cases is second only to a retrospective study of 20 cases in 2008 and achieves a praiseworthy success rate of 92% compared to the latter’s 55%.
- Cui Y.
- Wang J.
- Lin J.
- Pei Y.
- Zhu L.
- Xu Q.
Long-term outcomes of toe replantation: A review of ten cases.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2022; 75: 4042-4047
2Toe replantation is an overlooked surgery, often times not even offered to patients as an option. This is an important study proving toe replantation is a safe and important intervention to preserve foot function and esthetics.
- Lin C.H.
- Lin C.H.
- Sassu P.
- Hsu C.C.
- Lin Y.T.
- Wei F.C.
Replantation of the great toe: Review of 20 cases.
Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 122: 806-812
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Long-term outcomes of toe replantation: A review of ten cases.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2022; 75: 4042-4047
- Replantation of the great toe: Review of 20 cases.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 122: 806-812
- Transversely-inset great toe hemi-pulp flap transfer for the reconstruction of a thumb-tip defect.Microsurgery. 2015; 35: 235-238
- Onco-reconstructive supermicrosurgery.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2019; 45: 1146-1151
- Supermicrosurgery for oncologic reconstructions.Global Health Med. 2020; 2: 18-23
Published online: February 04, 2023
Accepted: January 29, 2023
Received: December 8, 2022
© 2023 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Long-term outcomes of toe replantation: A review of ten casesJournal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic SurgeryVol. 75Issue 11Open Access