Labiaplasty procedures have increased in popularity and acceptance within both the lay and medical communities over the past decade. An understanding of the genital anatomy is essential for successful surgical approaches and cosmetic outcomes
1and this is particularly critical to plastic surgery as they may frequently face genital restoration problems.
- Akbiyik F.
- Kutlu A.O.
External genital proportions in prepubertal girls: a morphometric reference for female genitoplasty.
J Urol. 2010; 184: 1476-1481
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- External genital proportions in prepubertal girls: a morphometric reference for female genitoplasty.J Urol. 2010; 184: 1476-1481
- Female genital appearance: "normality" unfolds.Bjog. 2005; 112 (PMID: 15842291): 643-646https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2004.00517.x
- The size of Labia minora and perception of genital appearance: a cross-sectional study.J Low Genit Tract Dis. 2017; 21: 198-203
- Measurements of female genital appearance in Chinese adults seeking genital cosmetic surgery: a preliminary report from a gynecological center.Int Urogynecol J. 2015; 26: 729-735
- Measurements of a 'normal vulva' in women aged 15–84: a cross-sectional prospective single-centre study.BJOG. 2018; 125: 1656-1661
- Interest in cosmetic vulvar surgery and perception of vulvar appearance.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207
Published online: February 03, 2023
Accepted: January 29, 2023
Received: November 25, 2021
© 2023 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.