To investigate the clinical effect of surgical treatment to improve the lip morphology of oriental women by forming a smile-like appearance. Method: From October 2016 to April 2020, a total of 63 patients who have received surgery to lift the commissure of the mouth and adjust the shape of the upper red lip to form a smile lip shape were analyzed and evaluated. Result: The lip shape of enrolled patients was improved to a certain extent, the lip shape was good after surgery, and there was no obvious scar hyperplasia, and the satisfaction rate of the operation effect was 85.71%. Conclusion: For oriental women with thin and flat lips, surgical approach can be used to improve the shape of lip, so that the appearance of the lip forms a smile lip shape, which can enhance affinity and also exhibit the aesthetic characteristics of oriental women. This treatment can be used for clinical reference.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Is it possible to define the ideal lips?.Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital. 2018; 38: 67-72
- Aesthetic surgery in the perioral region.Aesthet Plast Surg. 1976; 1: 61-69
- An interrater and intrarater reliability study of 3 photographic scales for the classification of perioral aesthetic features.Dermatol Surg. 2014; 40: 663-670
- Anthropometric proportions in the upper lip-lower lip-chin area of the lower face in young white adults.Am J Orthod. 1984; 86: 52-60
- Contribution of lip proportions to facial aesthetics in different ethnicities: A three-dimensional analysis.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010; 63: 2032-2039
- Aesthetic Surgical Enhancement of the Upper Lip:A Comprehensive Literature Review.Aesthet Plast Surg. 2021; 45: 173-180
- Lip Enhancement: Physical Assessment, Injection Techniques, and Potential Adverse Events.Plast Surg Nurs. 2018; 38: 7-16
- “No-Touch” Technique for Lip Enhancement.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016; 138: 603e-713e
- Long-term follow-up after autologous fat grafting: analysis of results from 116 patients followed at least 12 months after receiving the last of a minimum of two treatments.Dermatol Surg. 2000; 26: 1150-1158
- The corner of the mouth lift and management of the oral commissure grooves.Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2007; 15: 471-476
- Analysis and Classification of the Upper Lip Aesthetic Unit.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013; 132: 543-551
- The "Brazilian" bikini-shaped lip-reduction technique: new developments in cheiloplasty.Aesthet Plast Surg. 2012; 36: 827-831
- Aging of the Upper Lip: Part I: A Retrospective Analysis of Metric Changes in Soft Tissue on Magnetic Resonance Imaging.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2019; 143: 440-446
- Aesthetic considerations of the correction of cleft lip operation.Aesthet Plast Surg. 1986; 10: 127-136
- A comprehensive guide to upper lip aesthetic rejuvenation.J Cosmet Dermatol. 2019; 18: 444-450
Accepted: January 29, 2023
Received: December 1, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
© 2023 Published by Elsevier Ltd on behalf of British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons.