Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Epidemiology of melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancer.Seminars in oncology nursing. 19. W.B. Saunders, 2003: 2-11
- Site distribution of different types of skin cancer: new aetiological clues.Int J Cancer. 1996; 67 (Wiley Subscription Services, Inc., A Wiley Company): 24-28
Cancer research UK statistics. 2016;:1–1. Available from: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancer-statistics/statistics-by-cancer-type/skin-cancer/incidence.
- Nonmelanoma skin cancer mortality. A population-based study.Arch Dermatol. 1991; 127: 1194-1197
- Supportive care needs and distress in patients with non-melanoma skin cancer: nothing to worry about?.Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2016; 20 (Elsevier): 150-155
- Importance of physical appearance in patients with skin cancer.Dermatol Surg. 2015; 41: 183-188
- Let's all go to the PROM: the case for routine patient-reported outcome measurement in Canadian healthcare.Healthc Pap. 2011; 11: 8-18
- Getting the most out of PROMS.Putting health outcomes at the heart of NHS decision-making. The Kings Fund, London2010
- Patient-reported outcome measures for facial skin cancer: a systematic review and evaluation of the quality of their measurement properties.Br J Dermatol. 2019; 180 (John Wiley & Sons, Ltd (10.1111)): 1018-1029
- FACE-Q Skin Cancer Module for measuring patient-reported outcomes following facial skin cancer surgery.BJD. 2018; 179: 88-94
Administration F.A.D. Guidance for industry: patient-reported outcome measures: use in medical product development to support labeling claims. Fed Regist; 2009.
European Medicines Agency (EMA), Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP). Reflection paper on the regulatory guidance for the use of health-related quality of life (HRQL) measures in the evaluation of medicinal products. [Internet]. 2005 [cited 2018 May 25]. Available from: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Scientific_guideline/2009/09/WC500003637.
- UK-based prospective cohort study to anglicise and validate the FACE-Q Skin Cancer Module in patients with facial skin cancer undergoing surgical reconstruction: the PROMISCR (Patient-Reported Outcome Measure in Skin Cancer Reconstruction) study.BMJ Open. 2017; 7 (British Medical Journal Publishing Group)e016182
- A review of guidelines for cross-cultural adaptation of questionnaires could not bring out a consensus.J Clin Epidemiol. 2015; 68 (Elsevier): 435-441
- Principles of Good Practice for the Translation and Cultural Adaptation Process for Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) Measures: report of the ISPOR Task Force for Translation and Cultural Adaptation.Value Health. 2005; 8: 94-104
- The Patient‐Reported Outcome (PRO) consortium: filling measurement gaps for PRO end points to support labeling claims.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2011; 90 (Wiley-Blackwell): 743-748
- The Patient-Reported Outcome (PRO) consortium: lessons learned along the path to PRO instrument qualification.Therapeutic Innov Regul Sci. 2014 Sep 14; 49 (SAGE PublicationsSage CA: Los Angeles, CA): 132-138
- Patient-Reported Outcome (PRO) consortium translation process: consensus development of updated best practices.J Patient Rep Outcomes. 2017; 2 (Nature Publishing Group): 1-11
- Cross-cultural adaptation of health-related quality of life measures: literature review and proposed guidelines.J Clin Epidemio. 1993; 46 (Elsevier): 1417-1432
- Creation of a quality of life instrument for nonmelanoma skin cancer patients.Laryngoscope. 2005; 115 (Wiley-Blackwell): 1178-1185
- EuroQol–a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life.Health Policy. 1990; 16: 199-208
- Health measurement scales. A practical guide to their development and use.5th ed. Oxford University Press, 2015
- Quality criteria were proposed for measurement properties of health status questionnaires.J Clin Epidemiol. 2007; 60: 34-42
- Standards should be applied in the prevention and handling of missing data for patient-centered outcomes research: a systematic review and expert consensus.J Clin Epidemiol. 2014; 67: 15-32
- Assessing health status and quality-of-life instruments: attributes and review criteria.Qual Life Res. 2002; 11: 193-205
- How to decide which patient-reported outcome measure to use? A practical guide for plastic surgeons.J Plast, Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2018; 71: 957-966
- Outcome measurement in plastic surgery.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2018; 71: 283-289
- A handbook of test construction.Introduction to psychometric design. Routledge, 2015
- Using multivariate statistics.5 ed. Allyn & Bacon/Pearson Education, Boston, MA2007
- An index of factorial simplicity.Psychometrika. 1974; 39 (Springer-Verlag): 31-36
- A rationale and test for the number of factors in factor analysis.Psychometrika. 1965; 30 (Springer-Verlag): 179-185
- Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences.2nd ed. Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, NJ1988
- Responsiveness and validity in health status measurement: a clarification.J Clin Epidemiol. 1989; 42: 403-408
- Patient-reported outcome instrument selection: designing a measurement strategy.Value Health. 2007; 10: S76-S85
- Does acquiescence affect individual items consistently? Educational and psychological measurement. 75. SAGE PublicationsSage CA, Los Angeles, CA2015 Oct 1: 764-784
- Using Classical test theory, item response theory, and rasch measurement theory to evaluate patient-reported outcome measures: a comparison of worked examples.Value Health. 2015; 18 (Elsevier): 25-34
- An introduction to item response theory and rasch models for speech-language pathologists.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2011 Aug 1; 20 (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association): 243-259
- The COSMIN checklist for assessing the methodological quality of studies on measurement properties of health status measurement instruments: an international Delphi study.Qual Life Res. 2010; 19 (Springer Netherlands): 539-549
- COSMIN Risk of bias checklist for systematic reviews of patient-reported outcome measures.Qual Life Res. 2018 May 1; 27 (Springer International Publishing): 1171-1179
- COSMIN guideline for systematic reviews of patient-reported outcome measures.Qual Life Res. 2018; 27 (Springer International Publishing): 1147-1157
- Guidelines for the process of cross-cultural adaptation of self-report measures.Spine. 2000; 25: 3186-3191
This work has been presented at the Summer BAPRAS meeting 28th June 2019.