With great interest we have read the comments and references of Vinci and colleagues regarding our recently published meta-analysis.
1We would like to thank the authors for their appreciation of our paper as well as for sharing their valuable experience with autologous fat transfer (AFT) in the breast. As was demonstrated in our extensive meta-analysis, AFT does indeed prove to be an effective tool in correcting a wide array of contour deformities of the breast. With the majority of studies focusing on investigating the efficacy of AFT in the treatment of sequelae of breast cancer, its role in congenital breast malformations has been studied less frequently. The latter consisted primarily of patients with breast hypoplasia, Poland syndrome, tuberous breasts or mild forms of pectus excavatum.
- Krastev TK
- Alshaikh GAH
- Hommes J
- Piatkowski A
- van der Hulst R.R.W.J.
Efficacy of autologous fat transfer for the correction of contour deformities in the breast: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2018; 71: 1392-1409
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Efficacy of autologous fat transfer for the correction of contour deformities in the breast: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2018; 71: 1392-1409
Krastev T, Schop SJ, Hommes J, Piatkowski A, Hulst RRWJ. Autologous fat transfer to treat fibrosis and scar-related conditions: a systematic review and meta-analysis, 2019 (In press).
- Percutaneous aponeurotomy and lipofilling: a regenerative alternative to flap reconstruction?.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013; 132: 1280-1290
Schop SJ, Krastev TK, Hommes J, Piatkowski A, Hulst RRWJ The BREAST trial: study protocol. 2019 (In press).
Published online: March 04, 2019
Accepted: February 12, 2019
Received: February 8, 2019
© 2019 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Comment on: ‟Efficacy of autologous fat transfer for the correction of contour deformities in the breast: A systematic review and meta-analysis”Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic SurgeryVol. 72Issue 6
- PreviewWe read with interest the article entitled ‘Efficacy of autologous fat transfer for the correction of contour deformities in the breast: A systematic review and meta-analysis,’1 which evaluates and synthesizes the evidence examining the overall efficacy of autologous fat grafting (AFT) for the correction of contour deformities of the breast. We would like to congratulate Krastev and coworkers for their paper and kindly thank them for citing our studies.