Diagnostic imaging of truncal lymphatics is a diverse field with several modalities available. The growing popularity of vascularized lymph node transfer (VLNT) for the treatment of lymphedema has brought the topic into focus of plastic reconstructive surgeons worldwide. During this procedure, it is physiologically advantageous to perform lymph node efferent lymphatico-lymphatic anastomosis (ELLA) by including efferent lymphatic vessels in the flap while avoiding excess soft tissue
1. However, in practice it is difficult to identify these vessels.
- Yamamoto T.
- Yoshimatsu H.
- Yamamoto N.
Complete lymph flow reconstruction: a free vascularized lymph node true perforator flap transfer with efferent lymphaticolymphatic anastomosis.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2016; 69: 1227-1233
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Complete lymph flow reconstruction: a free vascularized lymph node true perforator flap transfer with efferent lymphaticolymphatic anastomosis.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2016; 69: 1227-1233
- Intranodal lymphangiogram: technical aspects and findings.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2014; 37: 1606-1610
- Lymphatic intervention for various types of lymphorrhea: access and treatment.Radiographics. 2016; 36: 2199-2211
- Regeneration of autotransplanted avascular lymph nodes in the rat is improved by platelet-richplasma.J Vasc Res. 2009; 46: 389-396
- Sterile inflammation after lymph node transfer improves lymphatic function and regeneration.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014; 134: 60-68
Published online: January 14, 2019
Accepted: January 6, 2019
Received: December 26, 2018
© 2019 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.