Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Are mastectomies on the rise? A 13-year trend analysis of the selection of mastectomy versus breast conservation therapy in 5865 patients.Ann Surg Oncol. 2009; 16: 2682-2690
- Findings of a national comparative audit of mastectomy and breast reconstruction surgery in England.J Plast Reconstr Aesthetic Surg. 2014; 67 (Available from:): 1333-1344
- Sexual functioning in breast cancer survivors experiencing body image disturbance.Psychooncology. 2016; 25: 66-76
- Body image issues in women with breast cancer.Psychol Heal Med. 2008; 13: 313-325
- Trajectories of body image and sexuality during the first year following diagnosis of breast cancer and their relationship to 6 years psychosocial outcomes.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012; 131 (Available from:): 957-967
- Body image after mastectomy: a thematic analysis of younger women's written accounts.J Health Psychol. 2017; 22: 1480-1490
- The absent breast: speaking of the mastectomied body.Fem Psychol. 2007; 17: 75-92
- Breast Talk in Breast Cancer Narratives.Qual Health Res. 1998; 8: 76-94
- Oncoplastic breast reconstruction: guidelines for best practice.2012 (Available from: http://www.bapras.org.uk/docs/default-source/commissioning-and-policy/final-oncoplastic-guidelines-healthcare-professionals.pdf?sfvrsn=0)
- Decision regret following breast reconstruction: the role of self-efficacy and satisfaction with information in the preoperative period.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013; 132: 724-734
- Decisional regret and choice of breast reconstruction following mastectomy for breast cancer: a systematic review.Psychooncology. 2017; 27: 1110-1120
The Health Foundation. Ideas into action: person-centred care in practice 2014.
- Looking in the mirror for the first time after facial burns: a retrospective mixed methods study.Burns. 2014; 40: 1624-1634
- Focus on research method: whatever happend to qualitative description.Res Nurs Health. 2000; (Available from: http://www.wou.edu/∼mcgladm/Quantitative Methods/optional stuff/qualitative description.pdf): 334-340
- Clarifying the expections of patients undergoing breast reconstruction: a qualitative study.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015; 126: 1825-1830
- Association of information satisfaction, psychological distress and monitoring coping style with post-decision regret following breast reconstruction.Psychooncology. 2007; 16: 342-351
- Satisfaction with outcome and attitudes towards scarring among women undergoing breast reconstructive surgery.Patient Educ Couns. 2007; 66: 243-249
- Patients’ expectations predict surgery outcomes: a meta-analysis.Int J Behav Med. 2016; 23: 49-62
- Met and unmet expectations for breast reconstruction in early posttreatment breast cancer survivors.Plast Surg Nurs. 2017; 37: 146-153
✰Parts of this article have been presented at the following meetings/conferences: 1. ‘Appearance Matters 8′ conference in June 2018 (Bath, UK). 2. ‘British Psychological Society Division of Health Psychology Conference’ in September 2018 (Newcastle, UK).