Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Maxims or myths of beauty? A meta-analytic and theoretical review.Psychol Bull. 2000; 126: 390-423
- Perceived functional impact of abnormal facial appearance.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003; 111 (discussion 47–8): 2140-2146
- Stigma: notes on the management of spoiled identity.Prentice Hall, New York1963
- Visibly different: coping with disfigurement.Buttworth-Heinemann, Oxford1997
- Children's experience of living with a craniofacial condition: perspectives of children and parents.Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2011; 16: 317-344
- Facial disfigurement: problems and management of social interaction and implications for mental health.Aesth Plast Surg. 1990; 14: 249-257
- School peer victimization of young people with craniofacial conditions: a comparative study.Psychol Health Med. 2005; 10: 291-304
- Comparing parent and child perceptions of stigmatizing behavior experienced by children with burn scars.Body Image. 2011; 8: 70-73
- Stigma experiences in youth with facial differences: a multi-site study of adolescents and their mothers.Orthod Craniofac Res. 2007; 10: 96-103
- The reliability and validity of the Perceived Stigmatization Questionnaire (PSQ) and the Social Comfort Questionnaire (SCQ) among an adult burn survivor sample.Psychol Assess. 2006; 18: 106-111
- Cross-cultural research methods.Wiley, New York1973
- Perceived stigmatization and social comfort: validating the constructs and their measurement among pediatric burn survivors.Rehabil Psychol. 2010; 55: 360-371
- Brief report: quality of life is impaired in pediatric burn survivors with posttraumatic stress disorder.J Pediatr Psychol. 2009; 34: 14-21
- Die Symptom-Checkliste SCL-27 – Ergebnisse einer deutschen Repräsentativbefragung.Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol. 2004; 54: 214-223
- Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences.2nd ed. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, NJ1988
- The reported effects of bullying on burn-surviving children.J Burn Care Res. 2007; 28: 484-489
- Ignoring it doesn't make it stop: adolescents, appearance, and bullying.Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2005; 42: 33-44
- Approaches to craniofacial-specific quality of life assessment in adolescents.Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2005; 42: 19-24
- Psychosocial adjustment of children and adults with port wine stains.Br J Plast Surg. 1997; 50: 463-467
- Adjusting to disfigurement: processes involved in dealing with being visibly different.Clin Psychol Rev. 2001; 21: 663-682
- Health-related quality of life and impact of haemangiomas on children and their parents.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet. 2009; 62: 1265-1271
- Measuring the quality of life of youth with facial differences.Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2007; 44: 538-547
- Long-term psychological functioning of adults with severe congenital facial disfigurement.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012; 129: 110-117
- Satisfaction with facial appearance and its determinants in adults with severe congenital facial disfigurement: a case-referent study.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010; 63: 1642-1649
- Psychosocial outcome of patients after ear reconstruction: a retrospective study of 62 patients.Ann Plast Surg. 2005; 54: 517-524
- Visible difference amongst children and adolescents: issues and interventions.Dev Neurorehabil. 2007; 10: 113-123
- Meeting the psychosocial impact of facial disfigurement: developing a clinical service for children and families.Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2000; 5: 497-512
☆Meetings at which parts of this research has previously been presented:
☆1. Appearance Matters 4 Conference, Bristol, 23–26 June, 2010.
☆2. International Expert Meeting for Large CMN and Neurocutaneous Melanocytosis, Tubingen, 6–8 May, 2011.
☆3. 19. Jahrestagung des Arbeitskreises “Das schwer-brandverletzte Kind”, Stuttgart, 20–21 May, 2011.
☆4. 6th Word Congress on Paediatric Burns, Zurich, 20–23 August, 2011.