Tumescent liposuction has been proved to be a safe, effective and minimally invasive procedure in axillary osmidrosis treatment. However, the procedure alone is very hard to completely remove the apocrine glands tightly attached to the dermis in dermo-subcutaneous junction. Although several similar techniques have been reported in the past few years,
- Huang Y.H.
- Yang C.H.
- Chen Y.H.
- Chen C.H.
- Lee S.H.
Reduction in osmidrosis using a suction-assisted cartilage shaver improves the quality of life.
Dermatol Surg. 2010; 36: 1573-1577
2the results are still not fully satisfied. In this report, we introduce a modified procedure as an alternative for osmidrosis patients.
- Liu Q.
- Zhou Q.
- Song Y.
- Yang S.
- Zheng J.
- Ding Z.
Surgical subcision as a cost-effective and minimally invasive treatment for axillary osmidrosis.
J Cosmet Dermatol. 2010; 9: 44-49
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Reduction in osmidrosis using a suction-assisted cartilage shaver improves the quality of life.Dermatol Surg. 2010; 36: 1573-1577
- Surgical subcision as a cost-effective and minimally invasive treatment for axillary osmidrosis.J Cosmet Dermatol. 2010; 9: 44-49
- Cause of axillary bromidrosis.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 123: 81e-82e
- What is the best method for treating osmidrosis?.Ann Plast Surg. 2001; 47: 303-309
- Tumescent superficial liposuction with curettage for treatment of axillary bromhidrosis.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2008; 22: 30-35
Published online: June 18, 2012
Received: October 27, 2011
© 2012 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.