Facial rejuvenation procedures have greatly increased over the last decade.
1Since its original description in 1910, the modern face lift has evolved and represents a combination of numerous techniques, ranging from direct rhytidectomy, superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS) plication, SMASectomy, SMASplastysma flap face lift to suture suspension face lift and the short-scar/limited scar face lift.
- Lee S.
- Isse N.
Barbed polypropylene sutures for midface elevation: early results.
Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2005; 7: 55-56
2We would like to present a case of extensive suture granulomas occurring along the malar areas and jaw line 5 years following a facelift. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first reported case of extensive suture granulomas following a facelift.
- Chang S.
- Pusic A.
- Rohrich R.J.
A systematic review of comparison of efficacy and complication rates among face-lift techniques.
Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011 Jan; 127: 423-433
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Barbed polypropylene sutures for midface elevation: early results.Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2005; 7: 55-56
- A systematic review of comparison of efficacy and complication rates among face-lift techniques.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011 Jan; 127: 423-433
- Complications following abdominal fascial closures using various nonabsorbable sutures.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1983 Jul; 157: 25-27
- Suture granuloma following surgical neck rejuvenation procedure.Dermatol Surg. 2006; 32: 768-769
- Suture granulomas: sonography enables a correct preoperative diagnosis.Ultrasound Med Biol. 2001; 27: 343-345
Published online: June 21, 2012
Received: May 21, 2012
☆Department to which work should be attributed: Department of Plastic Surgery, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth PL6 8DH, United Kingdom.
© 2012 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.