Because of the high spatial resolution and reduction of radiation dose, multidetector-row computed tomography (MDCT) has been adopted as a routine medical procedure. With the progress of computer, MDCT images are reconstructed in three-dimensional volume-rendering CT, and may help to improve surgical strategies and perform safer and faster procedures. Recent studies demonstrate the usefulness of MDCT in the evaluation of the vascular anatomy of the inferior abdominal wall before deep inferior epigastric perforator (DIEP) flap breast reconstruction.
- Phillips T.J.
- Stella D.L.
- Rozen W.M.
- Ashton M.
- Taylor G.I.
Abdominal wall CT angiography: a detailed account of a newly established preoperative imaging technique.
Radiology. 2008 Oct; 249: 32-44
- Hijjawi J.B.
- Blondeel P.N.
Advancing deep inferior epigastric artery perforator flap breast reconstruction through multidetector row computed tomography: an evolution in preoperative imaging.
J Reconstr Microsurg. 2010 Jan; 26 ([Epub 2009 Dec 30]): 11-20
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Abdominal wall CT angiography: a detailed account of a newly established preoperative imaging technique.Radiology. 2008 Oct; 249: 32-44
- Advancing deep inferior epigastric artery perforator flap breast reconstruction through multidetector row computed tomography: an evolution in preoperative imaging.J Reconstr Microsurg. 2010 Jan; 26 ([Epub 2009 Dec 30]): 11-20
- Symmetrical breast reconstruction: is there a role for three-dimensional digital photography?.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003 Nov; 112: 1582-1590
Published online: June 04, 2012
☆This paper was accepted for presentation at the 52nd Annual Meeting of the Japan Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Yokahama, Japan on April 23, 2009.
© 2012 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.