The reconstruction of the lower eyelid has always been a special concern of many plastic surgeons because of its complex anatomy and esthetic importance. It is one of the most common sites of basal cell carcinoma and has a unique bilamellar structure with thin skin and fine wrinkle, like the upper eyelid.
- Sherry K.R.
- Reid L.A.
- Wilmshurst A.D.
A five year review of basal cell carcinoma excisions.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010; 63: 1485-1489
- Erdogmus S.
- Govsa F.
The arterial anatomy of the eyelid: importance for reconstructive and aesthetic surgery.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2007; 60: 241-245
3Historically many laterally based rotation flaps have been used for lower eyelid reconstruction. However clinically it is better to use adjacent skin to replace like with like, if possible. In this respect, we tried to apply the concept of propeller flap for the lower eyelid defect.
- Kakizaki H.
- Malhotra R.
- Madge S.N.
Lower eyelid anatomy: an update.
Ann Plast Surg. 2009; 63: 344-351
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A five year review of basal cell carcinoma excisions.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010; 63: 1485-1489
- The arterial anatomy of the eyelid: importance for reconstructive and aesthetic surgery.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2007; 60: 241-245
- Lower eyelid anatomy: an update.Ann Plast Surg. 2009; 63: 344-351
- Lower eyelid reconstruction with a conchal cartilage graft.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1987; 80: 547-552
- A horizontal V-Y advancement lower eyelid flap.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 124: 1133-1141
Published online: June 04, 2012
© 2012 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.