Dupuytren's and Ledderhose disease can be a cumbersome condition in patients with a severe diathesis with a very early onset. Two brothers are described with a reversed radial forearm flap on both hands and two upper lateral arm flaps on both feet with a long-term follow-up ranging from 14 to 25 years. They had multiple procedures of both hands before the flaps were considered.
No recurrence occurred under the flap. In very severe diathesis flaps should be considered in an earlier phase to prevent multiple procedures and early recurrence.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Does a 'firebreak' full-thickness skin graft prevent recurrence after surgery for Dupuytren's contracture?: a prospective, randomised trial.J Bone Jt Surg Br. 2009 Mar; 91: 374-378
- Dermofasciectomy: a long term review.Ann Chir Main Memb Super. 1992; 11: 381-382
- Long term follow-up of dermofasciectomy for Dupuytren's contracture.Br J of Pltic Sery. 1994; 47: 440-443
- Dermofasciectomy and full-thickness grafts in the treatment of Dupuytren's contracture.Trnal of Hand Surgery. 1987; 12: 659-664
- Dupuytren's disease in France–1831 to 2001–from description to economic burden.J Hand Surg [Br. 2005 Oct; 30: 484-487
- Free flaps as flow-through vascular conduits for simultaneous coverage and revascularization of the hand or digit.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1996 Aug; 98: 321-327
- The circumflex scapular artery perforator flap for palm reconstruction in a recurrent severe case of Dupuytren's disease.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2009 Dec; 62: e589-e591
- Age- and Gender-Specific Normative Data of grip and Pinch strength in a Healthy adult Swiss Population.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2009 Mar 12;
- Dupuytren's disease.Martin Dunitz, London2000
- Dupuytren's diathesis revisited: Evaluation of prognostic indicators for risk of disease recurrence.J Hand Surg Am. 2006 Dec; 31: 1626-1634
- The concept of fillet flaps: classification, indications, and analysis of their clinical value.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001 Sep 15; 108: 885-896
Published online: August 22, 2012
Accepted: April 30, 2012
Received: March 12, 2012
© 2012 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.