We present a case of spontaneous seroma of the ear, which can be encountered in the plastic surgery clinic. We describe our management and briefly review the literature regarding this interesting condition.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Interventions for acute auricular haematoma.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004; (CD004166)
- The Wrestler's ear.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1967; 40: 540-546
- Pseudocyst of the auricle in Chinese.Arch Otolaryngol. 1996; 83: 197-202
- Pseudocyst of the auricle.The Laryngoscope. 2002; 112: 2033-2036
- Seroma of the auricle.Arch Dermatol. 1982; 118: 503-505
- “Pseudocyst of the auricle”, othematoma and otoseroma: three faces of the same coin?.Eur J Dermatol. 2000; 10: 451-454
- Tragen von Motorradhelmen und Inzidenz von Othämatomen, Ein Zusammenhang?.HNO. 2012 Jan; ([Epub ahead of print])
- The wrestler’s ear (acute auricular haematoma).Arch Otolaryngol. 1985; 3: 161-164
- Auricular seroma. A New concept, and diagnosis and management of 16 cases.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006; 132: 1143-1147
- Zur. Therapie des Othämatoms und des Otseroms.HNO. 1990; 38: 214-216
- Continuous portable vacuum drainage of auricular haematomas.Am J Otolaryngol. 1982; 4: 141-143
Published online: May 30, 2012
Accepted: April 13, 2012
Received: November 12, 2011
© 2012 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.