Planning of local flaps can be challenging for junior plastic surgeons. The ability to experiment and design various local flaps and discuss the pros and cons of each is an excellent way to build knowledge and confidence. Traditionally, this has been done with pen and paper, but this type of planning is limited by the 2 dimensional nature of such sketches, and the skill of the artist. In recent years tablet computers, such as the iPad, have entered widespread use in medical practice.
- Johnson P.T.
- Zimmerman S.L.
- Heath D.
- et al
The iPad as a mobile device for CT display and interpretation: diagnostic accuracy for identification of pulmonary embolism.
Emerg Radiol. 2012 Mar 27;
- Murphy A.D.
- Belcher H.J.
A novel method for sterile intra-operative iPad use.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2012 Mar; 65 (Epub 2011 Sep 16): 403-404
3Many powerful software applications are available for these devices including photo editing software.
- Anaka P.P.
- Hawrylyshyn K.A.
- Macario A.
Use of tablet (iPad(®)) as a tool for teaching anesthesiology in an orthopedic rotation.
Rev Bras Anestesiol. 2012 Mar; 62: 214-222
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The iPad as a mobile device for CT display and interpretation: diagnostic accuracy for identification of pulmonary embolism.Emerg Radiol. 2012 Mar 27;
- A novel method for sterile intra-operative iPad use.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2012 Mar; 65 (Epub 2011 Sep 16): 403-404
- Use of tablet (iPad(®)) as a tool for teaching anesthesiology in an orthopedic rotation.Rev Bras Anestesiol. 2012 Mar; 62: 214-222
Published online: May 11, 2012
© 2012 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.