Repair of bilateral cleft lip is a challenging operation as the prolabium and premaxilla can be very protrusive. We present a simple one stage technique allowing functional repair of bilateral cleft lip.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Primary surgery.in: Watson A.C.H. Sell D.A. Grunwell P. Management of cleft lip and palate. 2nd ed. WHURR, London/Philadelphia2002: 167-169
- Primary repair of bilateral cleft lip nose: a 10 year review.Plast Reconstruc Surg. 1986; 77: 701-713
- Closure of bilateral cleft lip and elongation of the columella by two operations in infancy.Plast Reconstruc Surg. 1971; 47: 324-331
- Advantages of two stages in repair of the bilateral cleft lip.Cleft Palate J. 1966; 3: 56
- The upper lip sulcus in cleft lips.Plast Reconstruc Surg. 1970; 45: 31
- Principles and techniques of bilateral complete cleft lip repair.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1985; 75: 477-486
- The repair of bilateral cleft lip and palate.Br J Surg. 1965; 52: 878
- The repair of double cleft lip as part of an integrated program.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1970; 45: 207
Published online: July 09, 2012
Accepted: April 9, 2012
Received: February 9, 2012
© 2012 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.