Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Infectious papillomavirus in the vapour of warts treated with carbon dioxide laser or electrocoagulation: detection and protection.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1989; 21: 41-49
- Studies on the transmission of viral disease via the CO2 laser plume and ejecta.J Reprod Med. 1990; 35: 1117-1123
- Surgical smoke: a review of the literature.Surg Endosc. 2003; 17: 979-987
- Chemical composition of smoke produced by high frequency electrosurgery in a closed gaseous environment.Surg Endosc. 1998; 12: 1017-1019
- The mutagenicity of electrocautery smoke.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1992; 89: 781
- Current attitudes and practices towards diathermy smoke.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2007; 89: 162-165
- Mutigenicity of smoke condensates induced by CO2-laser irradiation and electocauterisation.Mutat Res. 1981; 89: 145
- Dissemination of melanoma cells within electrocautery plume.Am J Surg. 1999; 178: 57-59
- Generation of infectious retrovirus aerosol through medical irradiation.Laser Surg Med. 1998; 22: 37-41
- Laryngeal papillomatosis with papilloma virus DNA contracted by a laser surgeon.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 1991; 248: 425-427
ValleyLab force FX electrosurgical generator. http://www.valleylab.com/product/es/generators/fx-over.html [accessed July 2011].
- Cross-species comparison of gene expression between human and porcine tissue, using single microarray platform–preliminary results.Clin Transplant. 2004; 18: 76-80
British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. http://www.bapras.org.uk [accessed July 2011].
- IARC monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans.Tobacco smoke and involuntary smoking. vol. 83. International Agency For Research on Cancer. World Health Organization, 2002
- Protection of the rat lung from the harmful effects of laser smoke.Laser Surg Med. 1988; 8: 248-253
- The effects of laser smoke on the lungs of rats.Am J Obset Gynecol. 1987; 156: 1260-1265
- Laser smoke effect on the bronchial system.Laser Surg Med. 1989; 7: 283-288
- The hazards of diathermy plume. Part 1 – the literature review.Br J Perioperat Nurs. 2004 Sep; 14: 409-414
- Aerosol penetration and leakage characteristics of masks used in the health care industry.Am J Infect Contr. 1993; 21: 167-173
- Randomized clinical trial of suction versus standard clearance of the diathermy plume.Br J Surg. 2003; 90: 1068-1071
- Surgical smoke without fire: the risks to the plastic surgeon.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004; 114: 1658-1660
Health Act 2006 (chapter 28). Department of Health. Part 1 – Smoking. London: Stationary Office. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006/3368/contents/made; 2006 [accessed July 2011].
- (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH))Health and safety executive.2002[accessed July 2011])
Diathermy emissions. Health Services. Health and Safety Executive. http://www.hse.gov.uk/healthservices/diathermy-emissions.htm [accessed July 2011].
- Surgical Smoke and infection control.J Hosp Infect. 2006; 62: 1-5