For the surgery of axillary osmidrosis, it is very important to apply secure dressing that can prevent typical complications such as subcutaneous hematoma, subsequent wound dehiscence, and skin necrosis of the flap. Tie-over dressing is frequently applied to avoid such postoperative complications,
- Inaba M.
- Ezaki T.
New instrument for hircismus and hyperhidrosis operation: subcutaneous tissue shaver.
Plast Reconstr Surg. 1977; 59: 864-866
- Inaba M.
- Anthony J.
- Ezaki T.
Radical operation to stop axillary odor and hyperhidrosis.
Plast Reconstr Surg. 1978; 62: 355-360
3however, this requires sutures to the surrounding skin of axillary dissection. These sutures cause suture marks in this area and sometimes become noticeable. To solve this problem, we have developed a new tie-over technique, named “sea anemone-shaped fixation (SASF),” which requires no thread suture to the skin and obtains cosmetic improvement for the patients with axillary osmidrosis.
- Yoshikata R.
- Yanai A.
- Takei T.
- Shionome H.
Surgical treatment of axillary osmidrosis.
Br J Plast Surg. 1990; 43: 483-485
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- New instrument for hircismus and hyperhidrosis operation: subcutaneous tissue shaver.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1977; 59: 864-866
- Radical operation to stop axillary odor and hyperhidrosis.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1978; 62: 355-360
- Surgical treatment of axillary osmidrosis.Br J Plast Surg. 1990; 43: 483-485
- Jellyfish-shaped tie-over dressing [in Japanese].J Jpn Aesth Plast Surg. 2001; 23: 95-98
Published online: February 27, 2012
Received: January 18, 2012
☆Presented at the 20th Sino-Japan Joint Congress on Plastic Surgery, Shanghai, China, 2010.
© 2012 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.