Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
JBJS (Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery). Instructions for authors. Levels of evidence for primary research question.http://www.jbjs.org/public/instructionsauthors.aspx#LevelsEvidence.
- A new system for grading recommendations in evidence based guidelines.BMJ. 2001 Aug 11; 323: 334-336
Ousey K, Gillibrand WP, McClelland H. An investigation into the incidence, causes, progression and treatment of pre-tibial lacerations in the elderly. In: Wounds UK 2010, 15th Nov 2010 to 17th Nov 2010, Harrogate, UK, in press.
- The epidemiology of skin tears in the institutionalized elderly.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1991; 39: 591-595
- Fifteen-year results of ambulatory compression therapy for chronic venous ulcers.Surgery. 1991 May; 109: 575-581
- Pretibial lacerations.Br J Plast Surg. 1973 Apr; 26: 172-175
- The conservative management of pretibial lacerations in elderly patients.Br J Plast Surg. 1977 Apr; 30: 174-176
- The current management of skin tears.Am J Emerg Med. 2009 Jul; 27: 729-733
- A new option-the treatment of skin tears for the institutionalized resident.Formulated 2-octylcyanoacrylate Topical Bandage Geriatr Nurs. 2005; 26: 321-325
- Closure of lacerations and incisions with octylcyanoacrylate: a multicenter randomized controlled trial.Surgery. 2002; 131: 270-276
- Dressings for healing venous leg ulcers.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006 Jul 19; 3 (CD001103)
- Randomized controlled trial and cost-effectiveness analysis of silver-donating antimicrobial dressings for venous leg ulcers (VULCAN trial).Br J Surg. 2009 Oct; 96: 1147-1156
- Lower limb skin loss: simple outpatient management with meshed skin grafts with immediate mobilization.Arch Emerg Med. 1987 Sept; 4: 187-192
- Pretibial injuries in the elderly: a prospective trial of early mobilisation versus bed rest following surgical treatment.Br J Plast Surg. 1993 Oct; 46: 594-598
- Use of sutures or adhesive tapes for primary closure of pretibial lacerations.Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1985 Jun 1; 290: 1627
- A new approach to the management of pretibial lacerations.Injury. 2001 Jun; 32: 373-376
- Pretibial lacerations: a comparison of primary excision and grafting with "defatting" the flap.Br J Plast Surg. 1990 May; 43: 312-314
- Grafting without a donor site: an easy approach to pretibial lacerations.J R Coll Surg Edinb. 1990 Aug; 35: 245-247
- Treating pre-tibial lacerations in the elderly.Br J Gen Prac. 1993 Apr; 43: 174
- A prospective randomized investigation of the healing of grafted pretibial wounds with early and late mobilization.Br J Plast Surg. 1994 Mar; 47: 127-131
- Wound healing and infection in pretibial lacerations.Ann Plast Surg. 1991 Mar; 26: 243-247
- Best evidence topic report. Antibiotic prophylaxis for pretibial haematomas in the elderly population.Emerg Med J. 2004 Jul; 21: 502
- Defining and classifying skin tears: need for a common language.Ostomy/Wound Manage. 1993; 39 (22-4, 26): 16-20
Dunkin C, Elfleet D, Ling CA, Brown TL. A step-by-step guide to classifying and managing pretibial injuries. Nurs Times 2003 May-Jun 2;99(21):58-61.
- Delays to the definitive surgical management of pretibial lacerations in the elderly.J Wound Care. 2006; 15: 422-424
- Risk factors of functional decline during hospitalization of the elderly.Aging Clin Exp Res. 2009 Dec; 21: 453-457
- Preventing skin tears in a nursing and rehabilitation center: an interdisciplinary effort.Ostomy/wound Management. 2006; 52 (44, 46): 38-40