Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Pharmacology and immunology of botulinum neurotoxins.Int Opthalmol Clin. 2005; 45: 25-37
- Treatment of glabellar frown lines with C. botulinum-A exotoxin.J Dermatol Surg Oncol. 1992; 18: 17-21
- Facial reactions to fear-relevant and fear-irrelevant stimuli.Biol Psychol. 1986; 23: 153-161
- Statistics: statistics for aesthetic plastic surgery procedures from the members of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – ISAPS.2000 (Available at:)[accessed 25.02.11])
- Treating glabellar lines with botulinum toxin type A-hemagglutinin complex: a review of the science, the clinical data, and patient satisfaction.Clin Int Aging. 2010; 5: 101-118
Vistabel® Summary of Product Characteristics. Allergan Inc. Last updated July 2010.
Azzalure® Summary of Product Characteristics. Galderma UK Ltd. Last updated August 2010.
Bocouture® Summary of Product Characteristics. Merz Pharma UK Ltd. Last updated July 2010.
- Botulinum toxin: examining duration of effect in facial aesthetic applications.Am J Clin Dermatol. 2010; 11: 183-199
- Comparisons among botulinum toxins: an evidence-based review.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 121: 413-422
- Current evidence on the unit equivalence of different botulinum neurotoxin A formulations and recommendations for clinical practice in dermatology.Dermatol Surg. 2009; 35: 1-8
British National Formulary. Available at: http://www.bnf.org.uk. Last accessed: February 2011.
- Comparison of two formulations of botulinum toxin type A for the treatment of glabellar lines: a double-blind, randomised study.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006; 55: 975-980
- A comparison of two botulinum type a toxin preparations for the treatment of glabellar lines: double-blind, randomized, pilot study.Dermatol Surg. 2005; 31: 1651-1654
- Patient satisfaction with different botulinum toxin type A formulations in the treatment of moderate to severe upper facial rhytids.J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2008; 10: 87-92
- A randomized double-blind study of the effect of Vistabel and Azzalure/Reloxin on forehead wrinkles and electromyographic activity.Arch Dermatol. 2007; 143: 1447-1449
- Noninferiority of I cobotulinumtoxin A, free from complexing proteins, compared with another botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of glabellar frown lines.Dermatol Surg. 2010; 36: 2146-2154
- Comparison of two botulinum toxin type A preparations for treating crow’s feet: a split-face, double-blind, proof-of-concept study.Dermatol Surg. 2010; 36: 2155-2160
- Evaluation of variable-dose treatment with a new US botulinum toxin type A (Dysport) for correction of moderate to severe glabellar lines: results from a phase III, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 124: 1619-1629
- Efficacy and safety of 3- and 5-injection patterns (30 and 50 U) of botulinum toxin A (Azzalure) for the treatment of wrinkles in the glabella and the Central forehead region.Arch Dermatol. 2006; 142: 320-326
- Randomized, placebo-controlled study of a new botulinum toxin type A for treatment of glabellar lines: efficacy and safety.Dermatol Surg. 2009; 35: 1893-1901
- A multicentre, randomised, double blind, placebo controlled study of efficacy and safety of 3 doses of botulimum toxin A in the treatment.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004; 51: 223-233
- Long term safety and efficacy of a new botulinum toxin type A in treating glabellar lines.Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2009; 11: 77-83
- The efficacy and safety of a new US botulinum toxin type A in the retreatment of glabellar lines following open-label treatment.J Drugs Dermatol. 2009; 8: 439-444
- An analysis of the long-term safety data of repeat administrations of boyulimum neurotoxin type A–ABO for the treatment of glabellar lines.Aesthet Surg J. 2009; 29: S43-S49
- Long-term safety of repeated administrations of a new formulation of botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of glabellar lines: Interim analysis from an open-label extension study.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009; 61: 421-425
- An analysis of safety data from five phase III clinical trials on the use of botulinum neurotoxin type A–ABO for the treatment of glabellar lines.Aesthet Surg J. 2009; 29: S50-S56
- A multicenter, double-blind, randomised, placeo-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of glabellar lines.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002; 46: 840-849
- Botulinum toxin type A for the treatment of glabellar lines in Chinese: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study.Dermatol Surg. 2010; 36: 102-108
- A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, two-dose comparative study of botulinum toxin type A for treating glabellar lines in Japanese subjects.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2008; 32: 724-730
- Patient-reported outcomes with botulinum toxin type A treatment of glabellar rhytids: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study.Dermatol Surg. 2007; 33: S2-S9
- Prospective, double-blind, randomized, parallel-group, dose-ranging study of botulinum toxin type A in men with glabellar rhytids.Dermatol Surg. 2005; 31: 1297-1303
- A prospective, double-blind, randomised, parallel-group, dose-ranging study of botulinum toxin type A in female subjects with horizontal forehead rhytids.Dermatol Surg. 2003; 29: 461-467
- An open-label, randomized, 64-week study repeating 10- and 20-U doses of botulinum toxin toxin type A for the treatment of glabellar lines in Japanese subjects.Int J Derm. 2009; 48: 768-776
- Patient-reported benefit and satisfaction with botulinum toxin type A treatment of moderate to severe glabellar rhytids: results from a prospective open-label study.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007; 120: 1386-1393
- The management of hyperfunctional facial lines with botulinum toxin.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1997; 123: 389-392
- Safety and tolerability of onabotuilinumtoxinA in the treatment of facial lines: a meta-anlysis of individual patient data from global clinical registration studies in 1678 participants.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009; 61: 961-970
- Efficacy and safety of botulinum neurotoxin type A (Xeomin®) in the treatment of facial expression frown lines.Kosmetische Medizin. 2008; 29: 148-151
- Respective potencies of Botox and Dysport: a double blind, randomised crossover study in cervical dystonia.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2002; 72: 459-462
- Long-term efficacy and respective potencies of botulinum toxin A and B: a randomised, double-blind study.Br J Dermatol. 2011; 164: 176-181