Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Technical details of intraoperative lymphatic mapping for early stage melanoma.Arch Surg. 1992; 127: 392-399
- Surgery and Sentinel Lymph node biopsy.Semin Oncol. 2007; 34: 498-508
- Sentinel-node biopsy or nodal observation in melanoma.NEJM. 2006; 355: 1307-1317
- The case for lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymphadenectomy in the management of primary melanoma.Br J Dermatol. 2004; 15: 308-319
- Final Version of 2009 AJCC melanoma staging and classification.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 6199-6206
- Clinical practice guidelines for the management of melanoma in Australia and New Zealand.The Cancer Council Australia and Australian Cancer Network, Sydney and New Zealand Guidelines Group, Wellington2008http://www.cancer.org.au/File/HealthProfessionals/ClinicalPracticeGuidelines-ManagementofMelanoma.pdf([Accessibility verified on July 3, 2011])
- On behalf of the ESMO Guidelines Working Group. Melanoma: ESMO clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.Ann Oncol. 2010; 21: v194-v197
- Revised UK guidelines for the management of cutaneous melanoma 2010.JPRAS. 2010; 63: 1401-1419
Cancer 2012 visions, Skin cancers 2012, Annex J, published by the Department of Health, 3 Dec 2007 http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_080989.pdf [Accessibility verified on July 3, 2011].
The Ionising Radiation Regulations 1999 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1999/3232/contents/made [Accessibility verified on July 3, 2011].
European Basic Safety Standards Directive – Version 24 February 2010 http://ec.europa.eu/energy/nuclear/radiation_protection/doc/art31/2010_02_24_draft_euratom_basic_safety_standards_directive.pdf [Accessibility verified on July 3, 2011].
Administration of Radioactive Substances Advisory Committee http://www.arsac.org.uk/ [Accessibility verified on July 3, 2011].
- Radiation safety of the sentinel lymph node technique in breast cancer.Eur J Nucl Med. 2000; 27: 377-391
- Identifying risk factors for complications following sentinel lymph node biopsy for melanoma.Arch Surg. 2005; 140: 85-89
- Seasonality of presentation of cutaneous melanoma, squamous cell cancer and basal cell cancer in the Oxford region.Br J Cancer. 1985; 52: 893-900
- Analysis of trends and seasonal variation in primary cutaneous melanoma: an Irish study.Clin Exp Dermatol. 2011; 36: 374-377
- Sentinel Lymph node staging of cutaneous melanoma: predictors and outcomes.Am J Surg. 2010; 199: 663-668
- Complications associated with sentinel node biopsy for melanoma.Ann Surg Oncol. 2003; 10: 676-680
- Prospective assessment of post-operative complications and associated costs following inguinal lymph node dissection (ILND) in melanoma patients.Ann Surg Oncol. 2010; 17: 2764-2772
- Inguinal node dissection for melanoma in the era of sentinel lymph node biopsy.Surgery. 2007; 141: 728-735
- Postoperative morbidity of lymph node excision for cutaneous melanoma-sentinel lymphonodectomy versus complete regional lymph node dissection.Melanoma Res. 2008; 18: 16-21
- Morbidity after axillary sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with cutaneous mealnoma.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2005; 31: 778-783
- Morbidity after inguinal sentinel lymph node biopsy and completion lymph node dissection in patients with cutaneous melanoma.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2006; 32: 785-789
- The impact on morbidity and length of stay of early versus delayed complete lymphadenectomy in melanoma: results of the Multicenter Selective Lymphadenectomy Trial (I).Ann Surg Oncol. 2010; 17: 3324-3329
- Sentinel node dissection delays recurrence and prolongs melanoma-related survival: an analysis of 673 patients from a single center with long term follow-up.Ann Surg Oncol. 2011; 18: 514-520
- Sentinel lymph node dissection in primary melanoma reduces subsequent regional lymph node metastasis as well as distant metastasis after nodal involvement.Ann Surg Oncol. 2010; 17: 129-137
- A prospective phase II study of adjuvant postoperative radiation therapy following nodal surgery in malignant melanoma – Trans Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG) study 96.06.Radiother Oncol. 2006; 81: 136-142
- Adjuvant radiotherapy for cutaneous melanoma.Cancer. 2008; 112: 1189-1196
Henderson MA, Burmeister B, Thompson JF, et al. Adjuvant radiotherapy and regional lymph node field control in melanoma patients after lymphadenectomy: results of an intergroup randomized trial (ANZMTG 01.02/TROG 02.01) J Clin Oncol 27:18s (suppl; abstr LBA 9084) http://www.asco.org/ascov2/Meetings/Abstracts?&vmview=abst_detail_view&confID=65&abstractID=33759 [Accessibility verified July, 7 2011]
- Powell BWEM. Sentinel node biopsy for malignant melanoma: having this biopsy gives psychological benefits.BMJ. 2000; 321 (Correction on BMJ 2000; 321(7273); 1415): 1285
- Quality of life after axillary or groin sentinel lymph node biopsy, with or without completion lymph node dissection, in patients with cutaneous melanoma.Ann Surg Oncol. 2009; 16: 2840-2847
NHS Improvement. Ensuring better treatment: going further on cancer waits. An improvement guide for supporting sustainable delivery. Produced in partnership with the Department of Health, the National Cancer Action Team, and the National Cancer Intelligence Network. http://www.improvement.nhs.uk/cancer/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=mubfnKFTAig%3d&tabid=62 [Accessibility verified July 3, 2011].
☆Meeting at which the work was presented
☆Oral presentation at BAPRAS Winter meeting in London. (December 2010).
☆Oral presentation at the 7th International melanoma research congress and the 4th melanoma and skin cancer centre meeting in Sydney, Australia (November 2010).