We write this letter to describe a novel technique that designs the skin island more accurately using surgical wires.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A systemic approach to functional reconstruction of the oral cavity following partial and total glossectomy.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1994; 120: 589-601
- Functional reconstruction with free flaps following ablation of oropharyngeal cancer.Int J Clin Oncol. 2005; 10: 229-233
- Functional reconstruction of swallowing and articulation after total glossectomy without laryngectomy: money pouch-like reconstruction method using rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap.Plast Reconstu Surg. 1999; 104: 2015-2020
- Minimally invasive functional reconstruction after extended oropharyngeal resection including soft palate and base of tongue using a pectoral major myocutaneous flap.Scand J Plast Reconst Surg Hand Surg. 2002; : 3671-3679
Published online: December 12, 2011
☆Part of this work was presented at the 16th annual meeting of the Japan Society for Innovative Techniques in Plastic Surgery held in Osaka 2011.4.
© 2011 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.