Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Vacuum-assisted closure: state of basic research and physiologic foundation.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006; 117: 121S-126S
- The mechanisms of action of vacuum assisted closure: More to learn.Surgery. 2009; 146: 40-51
- Wound contraction and macro-deformation during negative pressure therapy of sternotomy wounds.J Cardiothorac Surg. 2010; 5: 75
- Bacterial load in relation to vacuum-assisted closure wound therapy: A prospective randomized trial.Wound Repair Regen. 2004; 12: 11-17
- Quantifying bacterial bioburden during negative pressure wound therapy: does the wound VAC enhance bacterial clearance?.Ann Plast Surg. 2004; 52 (discussion 279–80): 276-279
- The clinical efficacy and cost effectiveness of the vacuum-assisted closure technique in the management of acute and chronic wounds: a randomized controlled trial.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006; 118 (discussion 398–400): 390-397
- Short periodic applications of the vacuum-assisted closure device cause an extended tissue response in the diabetic mouse model.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 124: 1458-1465
- Influence on pressure transduction when using different drainage techniques and wound fillers (foam and gauze) for negative pressure wound therapy.Int Wound J. 2010; 7: 406-412
- Vacuum-assisted closure: a new method for wound control and treatment: animal studies and basic foundation.Ann Plast Surg. 1997; 38: 553-562
- Vacuum-assisted closure therapy increases local interleukin-8 and vascular endothelial growth factor levels in traumatic wounds.J Trauma. 2009; 66: 749-757
- Vacuum-assisted closure: microdeformations of wounds and cell proliferation.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004; 114 (discussion 1097–8): 1086-1096
- Shape-dependent control of cell growth, differentiation, and apoptosis: switching between attractors in cell regulatory networks.Exp Cell Res. 2000; 261: 91-103
- Tensile forces stimulate vascular remodeling and epidermal cell proliferation in living skin.Ann Surg. 2007; 246: 896-902
- The mechanism of action of the vacuum-assisted closure device.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 122: 786-797
- In vivo acceleration of skin growth using a servo-controlled stretching device.Tissue Eng Part C. Methods. 2010; 16: 397-405
- Analysis of neuropeptides in stretched skin.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 124: 102-113
- Effects of vacuum-assisted closure on wound microcirculation: an experimental study.Asian J Surg. 2005; 28: 211-217
- Depth of penetration of negative pressure wound therapy into underlying tissues.Wound Repair Regen. 2009; 17: 113-117
- 3D strain measurement in soft tissue: demonstration of a novel inverse finite element model algorithm on MicroCT images of a tissue phantom exposed to negative pressure wound therapy.J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2009; 2: 272-287
- The paradox of negative pressure wound therapy–in vitro studies.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010; 63: 174-179
- Negative-pressure wound therapy I: the paradox of negative-pressure wound therapy.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 123 (discussion 599–600): 589-598
- Negative-pressure wound therapy II: negative-pressure wound therapy and increased perfusion. just an illusion?.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 123: 601-612
- The effect of vacuum-assisted closure on lymph vessels in chronic wounds.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2009; 62: 1068-1075
- Efficacy and mechanisms of vacuum-assisted closure (VAC) therapy in promoting wound healing: a rodent model.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2009; 62: 1331-1338
- Cutaneous wound healing.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 738-746
- Wound healing: an overview.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006; 117: 1e-S-32e-S
- Vacuum assisted closure device improves the take of mesh grafts in chronic leg ulcer patients.Dermatology. 2008; 216: 250-256
☆The content of the article or part of it was presented at the: European Tissue Repair Society/Wound Healing Society joint meeting 2009.
☆ISCOS (International Spinal Cord Society) annual meeting 2009.
☆SICPRE (Italian Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery) annual meeting 2010.
☆SIUst (Italian Burns Society) annual meeting 2010.