Dermal fat grafts have been utilized in plastic surgery for both reconstructive and aesthetic purposes of the face, breast, and body. There are multiple reports in the literature on the male phallus augmentation with the use of dermal fat grafts. Few reports describe female genitalia aesthetic surgery, in particular rejuvenation of the labia majora. In this report we describe an indication and use of autologous dermal fat graft for labia majora augmentation in a patient with loss of tone and volume in the labia majora. We found that this procedure is an option for labia majora augmentation and provides a stable result in volume-restoration.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Augmentation phalloplasty surgery for penile dysmorphophobia in young adults: considerations regarding patient selection, outcome evaluation and techniques applied.Eur Urol. 2005 Jul; 48 (discussion 127–8): 121-127
- Female cosmetic genital surgery.Obstet Gynecol. 2009 Jan; 113: 154-159
- A large multicenter outcome study of female genital plastic surgery.J Sex Med. 2010 Apr; 7: 1565-1577
- Autologous Fat Transplantation for Labia Majora Reconstruction.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2011 Feb 27; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Filler materials.in: Thorne C.H. Bartlett S.P. Beasley R.W. Aston S.J. Gurtner G.C. Spear S.L. Grabb & Smith’s plastic surgery. 6th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, New York City2007: 468-474
- Behaviour of dermal fat transplants.Br J Plast Surg. 1969 Apr; 22: 169-176
- Labial surgery.Aesth Surg J. 2007 May; 27: 322-328
- Labia majora hypertrophy.Aesth Plast Surg. 2009 Feb; 33: 859-863
Published online: August 01, 2011
Accepted: July 9, 2011
Received: April 8, 2011
© 2011 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.