Aesthetic procedures are an increasing proportion of the modern reconstructive surgeon's workload. Recent press coverage in the print media, on television and the internet
- Coleman N.
Cosmetic surgery – where to go.
Daily Mail. 2001 May 25;
2has brought the phenomenon of cosmetic tourism to the attention of the public and the plastic surgical community.
- Lunn E.
New rush to foreign hospitals.
The Times. 2006 Feb 19;
- Dyson R.
Cosmetic tourism. This is money.
Daily Mail. 2006 Jun 13;
4Patients are increasingly travelling to other countries lured by the promise of reduced cost, increased ease of accessibility and reduced waiting times.
- Botes B.
This week's start up idea.
Cosmetic Tourism. 2006;
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Cosmetic surgery – where to go.Daily Mail. 2001 May 25;
- New rush to foreign hospitals.The Times. 2006 Feb 19;
- Cosmetic tourism. This is money.Daily Mail. 2006 Jun 13;
- This week's start up idea.Cosmetic Tourism. 2006;
Cosmetic surgery abroad – after the operation, <http://www.privatehealth.co.uk/cosmetic-surgery/cosmetic-abroad/cosmetic-surgery-abroad-guide/after-the-operation>; 2006.
International Surgery, <http://www.internationalsurgery.com/index.php>; 2006.
- Outbreak of atypical mycobacteria infections in U.S. patients traveling abroad for cosmetic surgery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005; 115: 964-965
- Treating complications of private patients – does the NHS pick up the tab?.BAPS Winter meeting. 2004;
Published online: May 10, 2007
© 2007 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.