A simple and easy technique for reconstruction of the umbilicus was devised, with emphasis on forming walls of the umbilicus and a depression in a caudal direction. A quite satisfactory result was obtained. A permanent and sufficient depression for the umbilicus can be expected as a result of three-dimensional formation of walls. We also obtained a natural-looking neo-umbilicus.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Reconstruction of the umbilicus.Br J Plast Surg. 1975; 28: 75-76
- Umbilical reconstruction using a cone-shaped flap.Ann Plast Surg. 1992; 28: 335-338
- Reconstruction of the umbilicus by a double V-Y procedure.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1979; 64: 106-107
- Making a new umbilicus when none exists.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1978; 61: 603-604
- Umbilico-plasty for the abdomen with a thin adipose layer.Br J Plast Surg. 1994; 47: 386-387
- A simple technique for reconstruction of the umbilicus, using a conchal cartilage composite graft.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1990; 86: 149-151
- Iris technique for immediate umbilical reconstruction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1993; 92: 754-756
- Reconstruction of the navel.Keisei Geka. 1970; 13 ([in Japanese]): 248-254
- Reconstruction of the umbilicus using a single triangular flap.Ann Plast Surg. 1995; 34: 78-80
- Reconstruction of the navel (one case report).Keisei Geka. 1969; 12: 189-191
- Umbilicoplasty.Clin Plast Surg. 1975; 2: 431-448
- Placement of the umbilicus in an abdominoplasty.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1978; 61: 291-293
- In search of the ideal female umbilicus.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2000; 105: 389-392
- Umbilicoplasty: Conversion of “outie” to “innie”.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1983; 7: 221-222
- Natural looking umbilicus as an important part of abdominoplasty.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2003; 27: 139-142
- A method of reconstructing a natural-looking umbilicus in abdominoplasty.Ann Plast Surg. 1997; 38: 228-231
- The umbilicus as sexual focus.Int J Psychoanal. 1997; 78: 577-578
Published online: May 18, 2007
Accepted: March 12, 2007
Received: October 1, 2006
© 2007 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.