Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Clinical outcomes in reduction mammaplasty: a systematic review and meta-analysis of published studies.Mayo Clin Proc. 2001; 76: 503-510
- Reduction mammaplasty: an outcome analysis.Ann Plast Surg. 1995; 35: 337-341
- Patients' health related quality of life before and after aesthetic surgery.Br J Plast Surg. 1996; 49: 433-438
- Reduction mammaplasty improves symptoms of macromastia.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1993; 91: 1270-1276
- The health burden of breast hypertrophy.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001; 108: 1591-1599
- Measuring health state preferences in women with breast hypertrophy.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2000; 106: 280-288
- Should breast reduction surgery be rationed? A comparison of the health status of patients before and after treatment: postal questionnaire survey.BMJ. 1996; 313: 454-457
- The effects of mammary hypertrophy on the skeletal system.Ann Plast Surg. 1980; 5: 425-431
- Does reduction mammaplasty improve lung function test in women with macromastia? Results of a randomized controlled trial.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006; 118: 1-6
- Prospective study of outcomes after reduction mammaplasty: long-term follow-up.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006; 117: 351-358
- Outcome analysis of reduction mammaplasty.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1996; 98: 451-454
- Reduction mammaplasty: long-term efficacy, morbidity, and patient satisfaction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1995; 96: 1106-1110
- Long-term functional results after reduction mammaplasty.Ann Plast Surg. 1995; 34: 113-116
- Three-year follow-up on clinical symptoms and health-related quality of life after reduction mammaplasty.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004; 114: 49-54
- A qualitative study of patients' views on the effects of breast-reduction surgery: a 2-year follow-up survey.Br J Plast Surg. 1999; 52: 198-204
- Information for Commissioners of Plastic Surgery Services: Referrals and Guidelines in Plastic Surgery. NHS Modernisation Agency, Action on Plastic Surgery.Department of Health, London2005
ASPS Recommended Insurance Coverage Criteria for Third-Party Payers: Reduction Mammaplasty. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/medical_professionals/publications/loader.cfm?url=/commonspot/security/getfile.cfm&PageID=4534 [accessed 4 July 2006].
NHS Health Episode Statistics. OPCS Code B31.1, Reduction Mammoplasty. www.hesonline.nhs.uk [accessed 7 November 2006].
Which? Online review – Bra fitting. http://trial.which.co.uk/health_beauty.php?id=&m_id=29&pg=pf [accessed 4 July 2006].
- An investigation of the suitability of bra fit in women referred for reduction mammaplasty.Br J Plast Surg. 2003; 56: 230-236
www.who.int/classifications/icd/en/index.html [accessed 14 November 2006].
- Weight discrepancies in surgical and pathological specimens from breast reductions.Br J Plast Surg. 1999; 52: 239
- Relationship of obesity and specimen weight to complications in reduction mammaplasty.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2000; 106: 998-1003
- The influence of obesity and volume of resection on success in reduction mammaplasty: an outcomes study.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005; 115: 1034-1038
- A method of assessing female breast morphometry and its clinical application.Br J Plast Surg. 1999; 52 (and subsequent comment: Westreich M. Assessing female breast morphometry and clinical applications. Br J Plast Surg 2000;53:358): 355-359
- Physical and psychosocial symptoms among 88 volunteer subjects compared with patients seeking plastic surgery procedures to the breast.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2000; 105: 2366-2373
- The effectiveness of surgical and nonsurgical interventions in relieving the symptoms of macromastia.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002; 109: 1556-1566
- Anthropometric measurements and their value in predicting complications following reduction mammaplasty and abdominoplasty.Ann Plast Surg. 2006; 56: 248-250
- Analysis of breast reduction complications derived from the BRAVO study.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005; 115: 1597-1604
- The effect of body mass index and wound irrigation on outcome after bilateral breast reduction.Ann Plast Surg. 2003; 51: 552-555
- Blood loss and hematological recovery following reduction mammaplasty and dermolipectomy: a prospective study.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1998; 22: 168-172
- Do obese patients bleed more? A prospective study of blood loss at total hip replacement.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 1999; 81: 198-200
- Obesity and joint replacement.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006; 88: 1269-1271
- The outcome of total hip replacement in obese and non-obese patients at 10- to 18-years.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006; 88: 1286-1292
- Breast-reduction surgery and obesity.Br J Plast Surg. 2000; 53: 172
- Breast reduction – rationed or rational?.Br J Plast Surg. 1999; 52: 511
- Risk factors for mortality in middle-aged women.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 2469-2477
- Psychosocial outcome and patient satisfaction following breast reduction surgery.Br J Plast Surg. 1999; 52: 448-452
- Surgery for the psyche: a longitudinal study of women undergoing reduction mammoplasty.Br J Plast Surg. 1986; 39: 222-224
- Measuring patient-based outcomes in a plastic surgery service: breast reduction surgical patients.Br J Plast Surg. 1997; 50: 242-248
- Bilateral reduction mammoplasty in an adolescent population: adolescent bilateral reduction mammoplasty.J Craniofac Surg. 2003; 14: 691-695
- Reduction mammaplasty for the teenage patient: a critical analysis.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1994; 18: 291-297
- Lasting success in teenage reduction mammaplasty.Ann Plast Surg. 1995; 35: 227-231
- Breast reduction and smoking.Ann Plast Surg. 2005; 54: 117-119
- Interventions for preoperative smoking cessation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005; ([CD002294])
- Smoking cessation in relation to total mortality rates in women. A prospective cohort study.Ann Intern Med. 1993; 119: 992-1000
- Health benefits of smoking cessation.Clin Chest Med. 1991; 12: 669-679
- Validating a dipstick method for detecting recent smoking.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2002; 11: 1123-1125
- Smoking and wound healing problems in reduction mammaplasty: is the introduction of urine nicotine testing justified?.Ann Plast Surg. 2006; 56: 111-115
- Newcastle Heart Project; Newcastle Thousand Families Study. Self-reported smoking status and exhaled carbon monoxide: results from two population-based epidemiologic studies in the North of England.Chest. 2005; 128: 1233-1238
☆This paper was presented at the Winter Meeting of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons at the Royal College of Surgeons of England, London on 8 December 2006.