A rare case of giant fibroadenoma of the left breast is presented. We performed a nipple sparing subcutaneous mastectomy of the left breast. Since the patient desired larger breasts, a contralateral augmentation mammaplasty was carried out in a single stage operation. A satisfactory result was achieved.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Multiple bilateral giant juvenile fibroadenomas of breast.Eur J Surg. 2000; 166: 828-830
- Florid juvenile (cellular) fibroadenomatosis in the adolescent: a case for subcutaneous mastectomy?.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1999; 23: 413-415
- Giant hamartoma of the breast.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001; 107: 1216-1220
- Application of reduction mammaplasty in treatment of giant breast tumour.Br J Plast Surg. 1998; 51: 109-112
- Correspondence to application of reduction mammaplasty in treatment of giant breast tumour.Br J Plast Surg. 2000; 53: 265-268
Published online: February 22, 2007
Accepted: January 9, 2007
Received: June 15, 2006
© 2007 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.