Mefix™ (SCA Molnlycke Ltd.) is a commonly used adhesive retention dressing. Due to its high tensile strength and conformability, it is particularly useful for securing drains and holding dressings on awkward body contours.
1Recent studies have also demonstrated benefits in the management of split skin graft donor sites.
- Thomas S.
SMTL dressings datacard – Mefix. [Online].
- Hormbrey E.
- Pandya A.
- Giele H.
Adhesive retention dressings are more comfortable than alginate dressings on split-skin-graft donor sites.
Br J Plast Surg. 2003; 56: 498-503
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- SMTL dressings datacard – Mefix. [Online].(Available from: URL:)[accessed 29.05.06])
- Adhesive retention dressings are more comfortable than alginate dressings on split-skin-graft donor sites.Br J Plast Surg. 2003; 56: 498-503
- Removing adhesive retention dressings.Br J Plast Surg. 2004; 57: 93
Published online: February 09, 2007
© 2007 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.