Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Roberts DLL, Anstey AV, Barlow RJ, et al. UK guidelines for the management of cutaneous melanoma. Guidelines. British Association of Dermatologists, British Association of Plastic surgeons; 2002.
- Cutaneous malignant melanoma, Scotland 1979–89.Lancet. 1992; 339: 971-975
- Death from melanoma – United States, 1973 – 1992.Arch Dermatol. 1995; 131: 770-772
Mackie RM, Skinner S, Twaddle S, et al. Providing cutaneous oncology services: clinical guidelines. British Association of Dermatologists; 1998.
The Health of the Nation – a strategy for health in England; 1992. p. 69–70.
- Experience of a public education campaign on early detection of malignant melanoma.Br Med J. 1988; 297: 388-391
- Audit of a public education campaign to encourage earlier detection of malignant melanoma.Br Med J. 1992; 304: 1012-1015
- Cancer Research Campaign health education programme to promote the early detection of cutaneous malignant melanoma. I. Workload and referral patterns.Br J Dermatol. 1995; 132: 405-413
- Early detection of cutaneous malignant melanoma in Britain.Int J Epidemiol. 1995; 24: S39-S44
- A pigmented lesion clinic: analysis of the first year's 1055 patients.Br J Plast Surg. 1995; 48: 247-251
- Extracting the diagnostic features of the skin surface microscopy for pigmented lesions using spectrophotometric intracutaneous analysis.Med Image Understanding Anal. 2000; (p. 49–52)
- Thickness, cross sectional area and depth of invasion in the prognosis of cutaneous melanoma.Ann Surg. 1970; 172: 902-908
- The effect of the introduction of a pigmented lesion clinic on the interval between referral by family practitioner and attendance at hospital.Br J Dermatol. 1998; 138: 418-421
- Comparison of diagnostic accuracy for cutaneous malignant melanoma between general dermatology, plastic surgery and pigmented lesion clinics.Br J Dermatol. 2003; 148: 252-258
- Melanomas detected with the aid of total cutaneous photography.Br J Dermatol. 2004; 150: 706-714
- Spectophotometric intracutaneous analysis: a new technique for imaging pigmented skin lesions.Br J Dermatol. 2002; 146: 448-457
- Pigmented lesion clinic – are they a waste of resources?.Clin Exp Dermatol. 1998; 23: 3-8
- A 6 year prospective analysis of the diagnosis of malignant melanoma in the pigmented lesion clinic: even the experts miss malignant melanomas, but not often.Br J Plast Surg. 2001; 54: 317-321
- Frequency and characteristics of melanoma missed at a pigmented lesion clinic: a registry based study.Melanoma Res. 2004; 14: 403-407
☆This paper was presented at the summer meeting of the British Association of Plastic surgeons, Dublin 2004.