Background and purpose of study
Materials and methods
Main findings and Conclusions
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Plastic surgery research in the UK.Br J Plast Surg. 2002; 55: 463-468
- Head and neck oncology: the UK experience. Who is publishing what?.Br J Plast Surg. 2002; 55: 570-573
- Analysis of publications in three plastic surgery journals from the year 2002.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004; 114: 1147-1154
- Measuring science: an exploration.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1996; 93: 12663-12670
- JCR: Journal Citation Reports 2003.Institute for Scientific Information, Philadelphia, PA2004
- Journal enhancements: an evolution.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005; 115: 643-645
International Monetary Fund Statistics Dept, Washington DC. International financial statistics (IFS). http://ifs.apdi.net/imf/ [accessed March 20, 2005].
Eurostat Statistics, Luxembourg. Eurostat demographic statistics and national accounts. http://epp.eurostat.cec.eu.int/ [accessed March 20, 2005].
United Nations Statistics Division, New York. National accounts main aggregates database 1970-2003. http://unstats.un.org/unsd/snaama/[accessed March 20, 2005].
- Science and health care: an uneasy partnership.Lancet. 2000; 355: 1637-1640
- Relationship between NIH research awards to US medical schools and managed care market penetration.JAMA. 1997; 278: 217-221
- Relationship between market competition and the activities and attitudes of medical school faculty.JAMA. 1997; 278: 222-226
- Impact assessment of oncology research in the European Union.Eur J Cancer. 1999; 35: 1182-1186
- Impact of the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1992; 90: 717-722
- Internationalization of general surgical journals: origin and content of articles published in North America and Great Britain from 1983 to 1998.Arch Surg. 2001; 136: 1345-1352
- The journal “impact factor”: a misnamed, misleading, misused measure.Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1998; 104: 77-81
- Improving the surgeon's participation in research: is it a problem of training or priority?.J Surg Res. 2000; 91: 5-8
- Standards for cosmetic surgery articles.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001; 108: 251-253
- Spot the difference – editorial.Br J Plast Surg. 2003; 56: 315-316
- Japan's share of articles in orthopedics.J Orthop Sci. 2002; 7: 607-609
- Analysis of original contributions in three dermatology journals.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005; 52: 355-359
- Neurology research: a journal survey, 1980–1990.Ann Neurol. 1992; 32: 87-93
- Publications in epidemiology journals: Japanese perspectives.J Epidemiol. 2003; 13: 96-98
- Which countries publish in important anesthesia and critical care journals?.Anesth Analg. 1999; 88: 1175-1180
- Worldwide trends in quantity and quality of published articles in the field of infectious diseases.BMC Infect Dis. 2005; 5: 16
- Who benefits from peer review? An analysis of the outcome of 100 requests for review by Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005; 116: 1461-1472
- US and non-US submissions: an analysis of reviewer bias.JAMA. 1998; 280: 246-247
- North and South: bridging the information gap.Lancet. 2000; 355: 2231-2236
- Composition of the editorial boards of leading medical educational journals.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2004; 4: 3
- How international are the editorial boards of leading psychiatry journals?.Lancet. 2003; 361: 1229
- Science in Europe.Science. 1992; 256: 472
- Geographical analysis of medical publications.Lancet. 1993; 341: 247
- Geography of medical publications.Lancet. 1993; 341: 634