Scarring from burn injuries can result in cosmetic and functional deformities. In addition, late complications can also occur presenting as other pathology developing within the scarred tissue. We report a unique case of cutaneous sarcoidosis developing within a burns scar in an adult male who sustained a burns injury to his torso, right arm and thigh.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Scar sarcoidosis.Cutis. 1983; 32: 531-533
- Sarcoidal reactions in tattoos.Arch Dermatol. 1969; 100: 315-319
- Cutaneous sarcoidosis at sites of previous laser surgery.Cutis. 2004; 73: 53-55
- Flow cytometric DNA content analysis on squamous cell carcinoma according to the preceding lesions.Br J Dermatol. 1996; 134: 40-43
- Ulcere:dictionnaire d'medecine.Bechet, Paris1829
Dupuytren G, Lecons orales de clinique chirurgicale. 2nd ed. Paris; 1839.
- Post-burn scar carcinomas in Kashmiris.Burns. 1996; 22: 477-482
- Malignant melanoma from thermal burn scar.Arch Dermatol. 1975; 111: 1214-1215
- Sarcoma arising in an old burn scar.Am J Surg. 1941; 54: 457-465
- Malignant schwannoma in a burn scar.Burns. 1996; 22: 494-496
- Neurothekeoma in a burned extremity.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002; 110: 1186-1187
- Scadding J.G. Mitchell D.N. Sarcoidosis. 2nd ed. Chapman&Hall, London1985: 1-12
- Sarcoidosis. An updated review.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1984; 11: 1-19
- Pulmonary sarcoidosis presenting as a granulomatous tattoo reaction.Br J Dermatol. 1994; 130: 658-662
- Cutaneous sarcoidosis successfully treated with topical tacrolimus.Br J Dermatol. 2002; 147: 154-156
- Cutaneous sarcoidosis: prognosis and treatment.Clin Dermatol. 1986; 4: 75-87
- Lupus pernio: a clinicoradiological study of 35 cases.Br J Dermatol. 1985; 112: 315-322
- The treatment of sarcoidosis.Post Grad Med. 1970; 46: 537-540
- A case of cutaneous acral sarcoidosis with response to allopurinol.Br J Dermatol. 2000; 142: 1052-1053
- Hydroxychloroquine treatment of hypercalcemia in a patients with sarcoidosis undergoing dialysis.Am J Med. 1987; 82: 1259-1262
- Cutaneous involvement in sarcoidosis. Relationship to systemic disease.Arch Dermatol. 1997; 133: 882-888
- Scadding J.G. Mitchell D.N. Sarcoidosis. 2nd ed. Chapman&Hall, London1985: 181-206
- Sarcoidosis diagnosed by biopsy of the scar.J Indian Med Assoc. 1967; 48: 29-30
Published online: June 02, 2006
Accepted: March 5, 2006
Received: January 4, 2006
© 2006 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.