Conjunctivo dacrocysto rhinal fistula is an abnormal communication between the conjunctival sac and nose through the lacrimal sac. This is a rare and infrequent complication of acute dacrocystitis and only scanty literature is available. Its management requires two layered closure, one for nasal lining and the other for the conjunctiva. We report such a fistula and its management in a young girl.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Dorland's illustrated medical dictionary.28th ed. W B Saunders Company, London1998 (p. 426)
- Tumors of the lacrimal gland and sac In Principles and practice of ophthalmology.2nd ed. W B Saunders Company, London2000 (p. 3134)
- Parson's diseases of the eye.8th ed. Churchill Livingstone, London1992 (p. 374–6)
- Eye lid recontruction or blepharopoesis in plastic surgery of the orbit and eyelids.USA inc., New york: Masson1981
- Modified Tessier flap for reconstruction of the upper eyelid.Ophthal Surg. 1988; 22: 470
- Simple plastic operations from simple local plastic maneuvers in the planning of local plastic operations on the body surface: theory and practice.The Collamore Press, Toronto1972 (p. 81–109)
Published online: May 24, 2006
Accepted: January 24, 2006
Received: September 26, 2004
© 2006 British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.