This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A new technique using transposed nasolabial island flaps is presented for total reconstruction of the lower lip. This method enables the surgeon to close very large defects of the lower lip and since the flaps contain muscle the functional and cosmetic results are better than those achieved with traditional advancement flaps.
- Use of tongue flaps in lower lip reconstruction.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1964; 17: 76
- Reconstruction of the lower lip after central excisions.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1973; 26: 247
- Sponge fixation method for the treatment of early scars.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1968; 42: 322
- Reconstruction of the lower lip after tumour resection combined with radical neck dissection.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1971; 48: 579
- Deformities of the lips and cheeks.in: Converse J.M. Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia and London1967: 851
- Total and partial reconstruction of the lower lip with innervated muscle bearing flaps.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1960; 25: 360
© 1980 The Trustees of British Association of Plastic Surgeons. All rights reserved. Published by Elsevier Inc.