This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The authors present two cases of extentive and very deep electrical burns of the skull, involving the dura and producing neurological complications.
In both cases the surgical excision and repair was carried out in four stages. This paper sets out the clinical justification for this approach.
- Reparative procedure in large losses of scalp and bone of the skull caused by serious electrical lesions.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1955; 8: 49
- Successful clinical transfer of two free thoraco-dorsal axillary flaps.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1976; 58: 680
- Reconstruction of electrical injuries including cranial losses with preliminary report of cathode ray burns.Annals of Surgery. 1957; 146: 342
- Catastrophic loss of scalp and contiguous structures.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1963; 32: 1
- Electrical injuries: a review of 65 cases.Journal of Trauma. 1969; 9: 497
- Treatment of severe electrical injuries.American Journal of Surgery. 1961; 101: 419
- Bruˆlurese´lectriques et troubles nerveux.Annales de Chirurgie Plastique. 1973; 17: 54
- Autotransplant of omentum to a large scalp defect with microsurgical revascularisation.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1972; 49: 268
- Four flap scalp reconstruction technique.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1967; 20: 159
- Re´paration des pertes de substance du cuir chevelu apre´s bruˆlure.Annales de Chirurgie Plastique. 1960; 5: 187
- Electrical burns: a review of 80 cases.Burns. 1978; 4: 261
- Electrical injuries.Journal of Trauma. 1970; 10: 816
- The treatment of electrical burns.Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics. 1969; 128: 129
- Nouvelle technique ultra-rapide pour la re´fection des breˆches osseuses craˆniennesa`la re´sine acrylique.Revue Neurologique. 1951; 85: 6
- Regeneration of the skull following a deep electrical burn.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1971; 48: 1
© 1980 The Trustees of British Association of Plastic Surgeons. All rights reserved. Published by Elsevier Inc.