This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The literature on lobster-claw deformities has been reviewed and seven cases have been presented to illustrate the variations in the degree of deformity which may occur. The relevance of these variations to theories of pathogenesis of the deformity is discussed.
- (Personal communication)The reversed cocked hat.1960
- Congenital Anomalies of the Hand and their Surgical Treatment.Thomas, London1958
- Cleft hand : classification ; incidence ; treatment.in: Review of the literature and report of nineteen cases. J. Bone Jt Surg.46-A. 1964: 1707-1720
- Congenital Deformities of the Upper Extremities.in: Andelsbogtrykkeriet i Odense & Det danske Forlag. 1949
- (Part 38)Anatomie Pathologique du Corps Humaine. Vol. II. Baillière, Springfield1835–1842
- The Principles and Art of Plastic Surgery.in: Butterworth, Paris1957: 486
- “ On-top plasty ” for amputated fingers.Plastic reconstr. Surg. 1968; 42: 242-248
- Split-hand and split-foot deformities, their types, origin and transmission.Biometrika. 1908; 6: 26-58
- Die angeborenen Fehlbildungen der menschlichen Hand. Erb-und Konstitutionsbiologie der Hand.Thieme, London1937
- A new technique for metacarpal hand treatment.Br. J. plast. Surg. 1969; 22: 30-36
- Congenital deformities of the hand.Ann. R. Coll. Surg. 1959; 25: 306-330
- Reduktion der Mittelphalangen in Kombination mit Syndaktylie.Virchows Arch. path. Anat. Physiol. 1921; 229 (Symbrachydaktylie): 447-472
- Lengthening a finger with the “ on-the-top ” method.Acta chir. scand. 1961; 122: 184-186
- Ueber die Exarticulation der Finder mit ihren Mittelhandbein aus den Handwurzelgelenken.J. Chir. u Augen-Heilkunde. 1829; 13: 351-374
- The syndrome of cleft lip, cleft palate and lobster-claw deformities of hands and feet.Plastic reconstr. Surg. 1963; 32: 627-636
1Based on a paper read to the inaugural Meeting of the British Society for Surgery of the Hand, Liverpool, May, 1969. Part of this material has already been published in The Hand and is reprinted by kind permission of the Editor.
© 1970 E. & S. Livingstone. Published by Elsevier Inc.