This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A technique is described and illustrated for the reconstruction of the female breast after bilateral simple mastectomy. It is recommended that this be performed in three stages : (1) implantation of Silastic mammary prostheses ; (2) reconstruction of nipples ; (3) tattooing of nipples and areol˦. Only one major local complication due to catgut rejection was observed in a series of 12 implantations ; this was treated successfully and eventually led to a good result.
- (Cited by Heim, W.)Die Operationen an der Brustdrüse.in: Bier-Braun-Kümmel Chirurgische Operationslehre. Vol. III. Barth, Philadelphia1955: 217
- (unpublished)Augmentation Mammaplasty : A New “ Natural Feel ” Prosthesis.in: Paper presented at the Third International Congress of Plastic Surgery, Washington, D.C.1963
- Surg. Clins N. Am. 1963; 43: 1313
- Skin Surgery : Therapeutic Tattooing.in: Lea and Febiger, Leipzig1956: 211-217
- Mammaplastik.in: Verlag der Rieger'schen Universitätsbuch-handlung, Philadelphia1951: 34-35
© 1970 E. & S. Livingstone. Published by Elsevier Inc.