This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
This paper presents results of study of the anatomy of the medial canthal ligament. The authors feel that existing texts have failed to emphasise the important structural differences between the anterior and posterior limbs of this ligament.
Particular note was taken of the intimate relationship of the lacrimal apparatus and the ligament.
The function of Horner's muscle as reflected in the term “ tensor tarsi ” has been questioned.
- Am. J. Ophthal. 1931; 15: 498
- Plastic reconstr. Surg. 1966; 38: 147
- Am. J. phys. Anthrop. 1925; 8: 411
- Philad. J. 1824; : 70
- Mosby, 1967: 30 Proc. 2nd int. Symp. plast. reconstr. Surg. Eye and Adnex˦.
- Hand Atlas of Human Anatomy. Saunders, St Louis1900 3rd ed.
- Br. J. plast. Surg. 1970; 23: 8
- Traité d'Anatomie Humaine.6th ed. Doin, Philadelphia1911
- Anatomy of the Human Orbit.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, Paris1932
- The Anatomy of the Eye and Orbit.4th ed. Lewis, London1954
© 1970 E. & S. Livingstone. Published by Elsevier Inc.