This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Over a 19-month period 25 bilateral reduction mammaplasties were performed using the Lejour technique. Results were assessed retrospectively. The mean follow-up was 12 months.
The study showed that minor complications were common (40%), that nipple-areolar sensation was frequently reduced and that minor revision surgery for persistent dog-ears was often necessary (20%). Comparison with complications and revision rates in a similar group of patients who had undergone reduction mammaplasty using an inferior pedicle technique showed remarkably similar results. The positive findings of the current study were that nipple-areola necrosis was not encountered, patient satisfaction was high and the aesthetic results were generally good.
- Surgical treatment of breast hypertrophy.Br J Plast Surg. 1967; 20: 78-85
- Is there a reduction mammaplasty for “All seasons?”.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1979; 63: 765-773
- A preliminary report on a method of planning the mammaplasty.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1956; 17: 367-375
- Mammaplasty: report of a new technique based on the two-pedicle procedure.Br J Plast Surg. 1960; 13: 79-90
- A technique of breast reduction: transposition of the nipple on a cutaneous vascular pedicle.Acta Chir Scand. 1963; 126: 453-465
- Reduction mammaplasty with a vertical dermal flap.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1972; 49: 245-252
- A single dermal pedicle for nipple transposition in subeutaneous mastectomy, reduction mammaplasty, or mastopexy.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1973; 51: 115-120
- Reduction mammaplasty with maximum superior subdermal pedicle.Ann Plast Surg. 1979; 2: 189-194
- A reduction mammaplasty with the areola-nipple based on an inferior dermal pedicle.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1977; 59: 64-67
- Reduction mammaplasty utilizing an inferior pedicle nipple areola flap.Ann Plast Surg. 1979; 3: 211-218
- Reduction mammaplasty with the nipple-areola carried on a single, narrow inferior pedicle.Ann Plast Surg. 1980; 5: 167-177
- Reduction mammaplasty using the inferior glandular “Pyramid” pedicle: experiences with 300 patients.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1987; 80: 75-84
- The inferior dermal-pyramidal type breast reduction: long term evaluation.Ann Plast Surg. 1989; 23: 203-211
- Mammaplasty by the oblique technique.Ann Chir Plast. 1961; 6: 45-58
- Reduction mammaplasty: a personal technique.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1980; 65: 217-225
- Reduction mammaplasty and correction of ptosis with a short inframammary scar.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1982; 69: 45-55
- Mammaplasty: large reduction with short intramammary scars.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1985; 76: 130-135
- Breast reduction: Evolution of a technique—A single vertical scar.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1987; 11: 107-112
- Vertical mammaplasty without inframammary scar and with breast liposuction.Perspect Plast Surg. 1990; 4: 67-90
- Reduction des cicatrices de plastie mammaire: de l'ancre courte a la verticale.Ann Chir Plast Esthet. 1990; 35: 369-379
- Personal method of reduction mammaplasty.in: Goldwyn RM Reduction Mammaplasty. First edn. Little, Brown and Company, Boston1990: 441-465
- Breast asymmetry: an objective analysis of postoperative results.Eur J Plast Surg. 1991; 14: 173-176
- Nipple sensitivity following reduction mammaplasty.Br J Plast Surg. 1970; : 165-172
- Innervation of the nippleareola complex.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1980; 66: 497-501
Accepted: May 17, 1993
Received: November 19, 1992
© 1993 The British Association of Plastic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc.