This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
In 1965 Davies described a Z-plasty technique for the repair of a unilateral cleft lip. The technique has been modified so that the scars are more aesthetically placed and the orbicularis muscle correctly aligned. A prospective study was performed comparing the results of this modified Z-plasty with the rotation advancement repair. Twelve patients had a modified Z-plasty and 10 a rotation advancement repair. The modified Z-plasty compares favourably with the rotation advancement technique for the repair of a unilateral cleft lip. In particular, the incidence of asymmetry of lip height was greater in the rotation advancement group.
- The repair of the unilateral cleft lip.Br J Plast Surg. 1965; 18: 254-264
- Cleft Craft. Vol. 1. Little, Brown and Co, Boston1976: 154-156 2nd ed.
- A radical rotation in single harelip.Am J Surg. 1958; 95: 318-322
- Aesthetic considerations of the cleft lip operation.Aesth Plast Surg. 1986; 10: 127-136
- Reconstruction of vermilion in unilateral and bilateral cleft lips.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1984; 73: 52-58
- Simultaneous repair of lip and nose in the unilateral cleft (a long term report).in: 2nd ed. Recent Advances in Plastic Surgery. Vol III. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh1985: 1-12
- Repair of unilateral cleft lip: triangular flap repairs.Clin Plast Surg. 1985; 12: 595-604
- A comparative study of surgical results with rotation advancement and triangular flap techniques in unilateral cleft lip.Br J Plast Surg. 1990; 43: 551-556
- A randomized comparison of triangular and rotation advancement unilateral cleft lip repairs.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1983; 71: 172-179
- Muscle repair in unilateral cleft lip based on findings on electrical stimulation.Ann Plast Surg. 1978; 1: 48-53
- Growth of the cleft lip following a triangular flap repair.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1986; 77: 227-239
- The unilateral cleft lip.in: Converse JM Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. WB Saunders Co., Philadelphia1964: 2016-2047
- A triangular flap operation for the primary repair of unilateral clefts of the lip.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1959; 23: 331-347
- Cleft Craft. Vol 1. Little, Brown & Co., Boston1976: 388 2nd ed.
Accepted: August 11, 1993
Received: February 15, 1993
© 1993 The British Association of Plastic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc.