This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
- Philosophical medical ethics.in: John Wiley & Sons, Chichester1986: 2
- Dictionary of medical ethics.in: Duncan AS Dunstan GR Welbourn RB Darton, Longman and Todd, London1981
- How medicine saved the life of ethics.Perspect Biol Med. 1982; 25: 736-794
Instan RV. 1. QB at 453. 1894.
- Judging medicine.in: Humana, Clifton, New Jersey1984: 4
- The illustrated history of surgery.in: Harold Stark, London1988: 18-19
- On the definition and teaching of the medical ethic.N Engl J Med. 1979; 301: 630-634
- Humanism and ethics in Roman medicine: translation and commentary in a text of Scribonius Largus.Lit Med. 1988; 7: 22-38
- The historical perspectives on the ethical dimensions of the patient/physician relationship: the medical ethics of Dr John Gregory.Ethics in Surgery and Medicine. 1978; 5: 47-53
- W. Strahan, London1772: 37 Lectures on the duties and qualifications of a physician.
- Medical ethics: or a code of institutes and precepts adapted to the professional conduct of physicians and surgeons.J Johnson, Manchester1803
- Percival's medical ethics: the moral philosophy of an 18th century English gentleman.Arch Intern Med. 1986; 146: 2265-2269
- United States v Karl Brandt in experiments with human beings.Russell Sage Foundation. 1972; : 292-307
- Perspectives on the present and future of torture.J Med Ethics. 1991; 17 (Suppl): 11-12
- Medicine betrayed: the participation of doctors in human rights abuses.(Reports of a working party) Zed Books, London1992
- Three approaches to the analysis of ethical problems in medical practice.in: Forster E Manual for research ethical committees. The Centre for Medical Law and Ethics, Kings College, London1992
- The principles of biomedical ethics.3rd ed. Oxford University Press, Oxford1986
- Treat me right: essays in medical law and ethics.2nd ed. Clarendon Press, Oxford1991
- Pathways in medical ethics.Edward Arnold, London1990
- President's commission for the study of ethical problems and biomedical behavioural research (1993). 2nd ed. Deciding to forego life-sustaining treatment. 44. US Government Printing Office, Washington DC1990: 26-27
Accepted: June 21, 1993
Received: June 14, 1993
© 1993 The British Association of Plastic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc.