This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The vascular anatomy of the cutaneous branches of the circumflex scapular artery and their communications with perforators supplying adjacent territories are described, based on dissections of 20 scapular regions. The cutaneous branches of the circumflex scapular artery are distributed in three areas by the ascending, horizontal and descending branches. The existence of the ascending branch was constant, confirming the reliability of the ascending scapular flap.
- The Arterial Anatomy of Skin Flaps.in: Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh1986: 6
- Retalho escapular: um novo retalho livre microcirurgio.Revista Brasileiria de Cirurgia. 1980; 70: 133
- Le lambeau scapulaire.in: Vie`me Reconstres Internationale de Micro Chirurgie, 1980. 1980
- The free scapular flap.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1982; 69: 601
- Superficial cervical artery skin flaps.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1990; 86: 33
- The dorsal thoracic fascia: anatomic significance with clinical applications in reconstructive microsurgery.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1987; 79: 72
- Praktische Anatomie.in: 3rd Ed. Springer-Verlag, Berlin1972: 367
- Die Hautarterien des menschlichen Korpes.Vogel, Leipzig1889
- Ascending scapular flap and its use for the treatment of axillary burn scar contracture.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1991; 44: 97
- The scapular flap. An anatomical and clinical study.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1982; 35: 8
- The parascapular flap: a new cutaneous microsurgical free flap.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1982; 69: 591
- Atlas der topographischen und angewandten Anatomie des Menschen.in: Urban & Schwarzenberg, Mu¨nchen1964: 25
- The vascular territories (angiosome) of the body: experimental study and clinical applications.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1987; 40: 113
- The venous territories (venosome) of the human body: experimental study and clinical implications.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1990; 86: 185
Accepted: September 25, 1992
Received: August 14, 1991
© 1993 The British Association of Plastic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.