This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
An assessment was made of the ability of human skin fibroblasts from newborn and old subjects to produce intracellular urokinase inhibitor and urokinase-plasminogen activator when exposed to phorbol myristate acetate. Urokinase inhibitor produced by human skin fibroblasts may be essential for cell growth regulation. The expression of urokinase inhibitor and/or urokinase-plasminogen activator may possibly be age-related. The principal observation that newborn skin fibroblasts show a low level and poorly sustained production of intracellular inhibitors of urokinase could help to explain the flexibility of the wound healing process in the foetus.
- Characterization of plasminogen activators secreted by human malignant cells.in: Hellman K. Eccles S.A. Treatment of metastasis, problems and prospects. Taylor & Francis, London1985: 347
- Human fibroblasts produce inhibitor directed against plasminogen activator when treated with glucocorticoids.Annals New York Academy of Sciences. 1981; 370: 609
- Tumor promoters and the mechanism of tumor promotion.in: Klein G. Weinhouse S. Advances in Cancer Research. Academic Press, New York1980: 32
- Tumor promoters and the mechanism of tumor promotion.in: Klein G. Weinhouse S. Advances in Cancer Research. Academic Press, New York1980: 1
- Phorbol ester and mitogen stimulate human fibroblast secretion of plasmin-activatable plasminogen activator and protease nexin, an antiactivator/antiplasmin.Journal of Cell Biology. 1983; 97: 323
- Linkage of extracellular plasminogen activator to the fibroblast cytoskeleton colocalization of cell surface urokinase with vinculin.Journal of Cell Biology. 1988; 106: 1241
- Observations on fibroblast plasminogen activator inhibitor.in: Gaffney P.J. Castellino F.J. Plow E.F. Takada A. Fibrinolysis. John Libbey, London1986: 126 (suppl 1)
- Plasminogen activator inhibitors-A review.Enzyme. 1988; 40: 113
- Proteolysis and cell behaviour under the influence of physical force (abstract).International Journal of Microcirculation: Clinical and Experimental. 1985; 4: 297
- Urokinase-inhibitor of human skin fibroblasts-correlation with cell growth.in: Gaffney P.J. Castellino F.J. Plow E.F. Takada A. Fibrinolysis: current prospects. John Libbey, London, Paris1988: 119
- The role of protein kinase C in cell surface signal transduction and tumour promotion.Nature. 1984; 308: 693
- Biochemical consequences of mechanical forces generated by distention and distortion.Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 1989; 21: 115
- Fetal wound healing: a biochemical study of scarless healing.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1990; 85: 495
- Plasminogen activator in early embryogenesis: Enzyme production by trophoblast and parietal endoderm.Cell. 1976; 9: 231
- Tumour promoter induces plasminogen activator.Nature. 1976; 259: 232
Accepted: September 7, 1992
Received: January 10, 1992
© 1993 The British Association of Plastic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.