This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A new cross-finger flap, the C-ring flap, is described for repair of degloved amputation stumps and dorsal and volar defects of the fingers. The C-ring flap is an axial pattern cross-finger flap based on one digital vascular bundle either distally or proximally. We used this flap in 12 cases with different types of finger defects. The results were satisfactory. We conclude that the C-ring cross-finger flap had distinct advantages over standard cross-finger flaps. These advantages are discussed.
- Reversed cross-finger subcutaneous flap.Journal of Hand Surgery. 1982; 7: 481
- Digital artery diameters: an anatomic and clinical study.Journal of Hand Surgery. 1987; 6B: 740
- Cross-finger pedicle flap in hand surgery.Annals of Surgery. 1957; 145: 650
- The digital neurovascular bundle. A microanatomic study of its contents.Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Researches. 1968; 61: 176
- Organization of the small arteries of the hand and digits.American Journal of Surgery. 1960; 99: 837
- The repair of surface defects of fingers by trans-digital flaps.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1950; 5: 368
- Cross-finger flaps in digital injuries, with notes on Kirschner wire fixation.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1960; 25: 312
- A critical evaluation of cross finger flaps.The Journal of Trauma. 1974; 14: 756
- Reverse vascular pedicle digital island flap.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1990; 43: 290
- The pattern of venous drainage of the digits.Journal of Hand Surgery. 1984; 9A: 448
- Le drainage veineux des doigts.Archives d' Anatomie Pathologique. 1971; 19: 419
- The palmar digital venous anatomy.Scandinavian Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive and Hand Surgery. 1990; 24: 113
- Descriptive anatomy.in: Nigst H. Buck-Gramcko D. Millesi H. Lister G.D. Hand Surgery. Thieme Medical Publishers, New York1988: 1-34
- The use of de-epithelialised cross-finger flaps for dorsal finger defects.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1985; 38: 407
- Local arterialized island flap coverage of difficult hand defects preserving donor digit sensibility.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1983; 72: 848
- Artery anatomy and tortuosity in the distal finger.The Journal of Hand Surgery. 1991; 16A: 297
- The distal venous anatomy of the finger.The Journal of Hand Surgery. 1991; 16A: 303
- The cross-finger flap in children: a follow-up study.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1967; 39: 482
Accepted: September 7, 1992
Received: April 1, 1992
© 1993 The British Association of Plastic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.