This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Two patients with orbital neurofibromatosis associated with enophthalmos are presented. Assessment using 3D-CT scan shows an increase in the size of the orbital cavity and an enlargement of the inferior orbital fissure, which allows orbital fat to prolapse into the infratemporal fossa, causing enophthalmos.
- Quantitative three-dimensional CT analysis of the orbital deformity in neurofibromatosis.in: Transactions of the IX International Congress of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, New Delhi, India1987
- Fissures, canals and syndesmoses in the fetal maxilla.Acta Morphologica Hungarica. 1984; 32: 231
- Bone changes in orbital neurofibromatosis.British Journal of Radiology. 1963; 36: 549
- Three-dimensional imaging in craniofacial surgery; a review of the role of mirror image production.European Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1990; 13: 209
- Contribution of computerized tomography to the study of spheno-orbital dysplasia in neurofibromatosis.Journal of Neuroradiology. 1984; 11: 201
- Correlative imaging of sphenoid dysplasia accompanying neurofibromatosis.Annals of Otology, Rhinology, Laryngology. 1990; 99: 137
- The radiologic features of neurofibromatosis.Radiology. 1948; 51: 647
- Skeletal lesions in neurofibromatosis.Radiology. 1961; 76: 1
- Tumors of the craniofacial skeleton including the jaws.in: Plastic Surgery. Vol. 5. Saunders, Philadelphia1990: 3336
- The surgical management of orbital neurofibromatosis.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1983; 71: 751
- Cranial CT of neurofibromatosis.American Journal of Roentgenology. 1980; 135: 553
- Congenital absence of the superior orbital wall associated with pulsating exophthalmos; report of four cases.American Journal of Roentgenology. 1933; 30: 756
- Intracranial enlargement of the orbital cavity and palpebral remodeling for orbitopalpebral neurofibromatosis.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1984; 73: 534
- Diffuse neurofibromatosis with proptosis.British Journal of Ophthalmology. 1931; 15: 272
- The surgical management of orbitopalpebral neurofibromatosis.Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1988; 4: 203
- Experiences in the surgical treatment of cranioorbital neurofibromatosis.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1989; 42: 155
- Orbital neurofibromatosis.Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 1987; 14: 123
- The management of orbitofacial neurofibromatosis.Annals of Plastic Surgery. 1982; 8: 213
- Computed tomography of orbital-facial neurofibromatosis.Radiology. 1983; 146: 113
Accepted: June 29, 1992
Received: March 12, 1992
© 1993 The British Association of Plastic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc.