This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A W-M plasty is described as a means of establishing an interdigital web in the repair of congenital syndactyly. 25 cases of congenital syndactyly were operated using this method. The web created did not advance distally, nor cause a transverse scar-band.
- Technical modification in repair of syndactylism.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1956; 17: 385-392
- Syndactylism: results of zig-zag incision to prevent postoperative contracture.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1956; 18: 460-468
- New modified method for the surgical treatment of syndactyly.Ann Plast Surg. 1989; 23: 511-518
- Treatment of syndactyly.Ondokuz Mayis U Med J. 1987; 4: 77-83
- Utility of the “seagull” flap for unoperated simple complete syndactyly in adults.Br J Plas Surg. 1988; 41: 548-550
- Syndactyly. A clinical report on repair.Acta Chir Scand. 1965; 130: 537-549
- Evaluation of the operative treatment of syndactyly.J Hand Surg. 1979; 4: 556-564
- Syndactyly: a review of the factors which influence surgical treatment.J Hand Surg (British Volume). 1989; 14B: 196-200
- The “horse shoe” web flap in the treatment of syndactyly.Br J Plas Surg. 1948; 1: 69-72
- Evaluation of a uniform operative technique to treat syndactyly.J Hand Surg. 1987; 12A: 727-729
Accepted: November 19, 1992
Received: August 21, 1992
This paper was presented at the 12th congress of the Turkish Society of Plastic Surgery in Ku¸adasi, October 27–30, 1990.
© 1993 The British Asscociation of Plastic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc.