This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Seventy-five consecutive cases of breast reconstruction using tissue expansion are reviewed and the complications encountered are discussed. We conclude that, with careful patient selection, tissue expansion offers a simple, safe and reliable method of breast reconstruction.
- Selective use of serial skin expansion in breast reconstruction.Annals of Plastic Surgery. 1983; 11: 188
- Subcutaneous mastectomy: pitfalls and promises.Surgical Clinics of North America. 1985; 65: 373
- Breast reconstruction after mastectomy using the temporary expander.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1982; 69: 195
- Loss of silicone implants after subcutaneous mastectomy and reconstruction.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1978; 62: 853
- Subcutaneous mastectomy: acute complications and long term follow-up.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1984; 73: 84
Accepted: June 5, 1987
Received: April 7, 1987
© 1987 The Trustees of British Association of Plastic Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc.