This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
After radical abdomino-perineal excision for carcinoma of the ano-rectal region a successful primary reconstruction can make all the difference to the physical and functional well being of the patient, quite apart from shortening the period of stay in hospital. The versatility of the myocutaneous flap is now well recognised and in this case report we describe a one-stage repair of a large perineal defect using a bilobed flap which combines the inferior gluteus maximus myocutaneous flap and the tensor fasciae latae myocutaneous flap.
- Reconstruction for aplasia of the breast and pectoral region by microvascular transfer of a free flap from the buttock.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1975; 56: 178
- The trilobed flap.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1977; 60: 623
- The tensor fasciae latae myocutaneous free flap.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1978; 61: 517
- Prostaglandin E1 and super selective angiography for the clinical definition of axial pattern flap territories.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1980; (in submission)
- A gluteus maximus myocutaneous island flap for the repair of a sacral decubitus ulcer.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1980; 33: 150
- Gluteus maximus island flap for repair of sacral radiation ulcers.Keio Journal of Medicine. 1978; 27: 100
- An Atlas of Muscle and Musculocutaneous Flaps.C. V. Mosby Company, St Louis1979
- Gluteus maximus myocutaneous flaps for repair of pressure sores.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1977; 60: 242
- Advantages of the bilobed flap for closure of small defects of the face.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1973; 52: 35
- Experiences with the tensor fasciae latae flap.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1979; 63: 788
- The tensor fasciae latae musculocutaneous flap.Annals of Plastic Surgery. 1978; 1: 372
- The bilobed flap in nasal repair.Archives of Otolaryngology. 1972; 95: 1
- The bilobed flap.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1953; 11: 424
© 1980 The Trustees of British Association of Plastic Surgeons. All rights reserved. Published by Elsevier Inc.