This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The secondary repair of a bilateral cleft lip is often a difficult task. A simple straight line closure or a Veau type repair is not always entirely satisfactory and may produce a short inert prolabium with severe shortage of mucosa in the prolabial segment.
Manchester, 1965described a technique for primary repair of the bilateral cleft lip. This short communication shows that the same technique with slight modifications may be very useful in selected cases for the secondary repair of a bilateral cleft lip.
- Manchester W.M.
The repair of bilateral cleft-lip and palate.
British Journal of Surgery. 1965; 52: 878
- Combined nose-lip repair in bilateral complete cleft-lip deformities.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1970; 45: 109
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Volume 4. W. B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia1977: 2049
- Later treatment of complete double cleft.British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 1963; 16: 127
- The repair of bilateral cleft-lip and palate.British Journal of Surgery. 1965; 52: 878
- Bec-de-Lievre.Masson et cie, Paris1938
© 1980 The Trustees of British Association of Plastic Surgeons. All rights reserved. Published by Elsevier Inc.